Super moist, not too sweet with a two ingredient glaze, Lemon Zucchini Bread! A delicious and easy dessert or snack that has veggies in it…yay!
Another fabulous way to use Zucchini! You loved our Savory Zucchini Bread so lets bring on a sweet bread version!
This bread comes together in a snap! Simply grate up your zucchini. No need to squeeze out the moisture for this recipe.
How do I store this zucchini bread?
- Store at room temp for two days then put in refrigerator for another day or two. If you still have some left, slip into a freezer bag and freeze for up to a 3 months. Thaw at room temp.
We love zucchini for all it does. Sweet or savory. So versatile! Rachel recently posted this No Fuss Zucchini Lasagna that is so fresh and easy to make! Or this KETO Low carb Zucchini Noodles with Shrimp is on regular rotation around here. Always watching that waistline!
Once your Lemon Zucchini Bread is baked simply mix up confectioners sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over the cooled cake and you are ready to serve!
Still craving more easy quick breads? Check these out:
Getting our veggies in one delicious bite at a time!
Kathi & Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 large Lemon, juiced and zested about 2 tablespoons juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pan or spray with non stick spray.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine grated sugar, zucchini, oil, egg, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until just mixed being careful to not over mix. (over stirring can make for a flat loaf).
- Bake for 50 minutes and check with a toothpick inserted in the middle. Back an additional 10 minutes if needed.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl combin ingredients for glaze and drizzle over bread.
- Store at room temp for two days then transfrer to fridge for two days. If leftovers remain you can freeze for up to 3 months.