These easy to make Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wontons might be the best reason to buy an Air Fryer yet! Make 4 or 40 and clocking in at only 36 tasty calories each you can enjoy them guilt free!
We love anything made with wonton wrappers around here! They are healthy and make such portabale snacks. The perfect party food! Here are a few of our favorites:
These may be the easiest wonton appetizer recipe yet! They require only a few ingredients and take only 5-7 minutes in your air fryer. Don’t have an air fryer? No worries…you can bake them or fry them. (See the recipe notes below for instructions).
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Chicken Thighs –
- bone in or boneless chicken thighs
- smoked paprika (optional)
- garlic powder
- baking powder – this dries out theh skin and allows it to really crisp up in the air fryer!
How to make Wonton Appetizers in the Air Fryer:
Combine cream cheese, onions, garlic powder and salt.
Line up several wonton wrappers on a flat service. Dip your finger in water and spread around the outer edge of the wonton wrapper. This will help seal the wrapper.
Add one teaspoon of cream cheese to the center of each wrapper.
Bring the points together and press the edges to seal.
Spray the stuffed wontons lightly with non stick spray.
Place parchment in fryer when preheated (or spray non stick on to basket of air fryer).
Air fry for 5-7 minutes at 375 degrees or until light and golden brown.
Variations for Cream Cheese Wontons:
- Fillings – add chopped cooked shrimp to the cream cheese, grated cheese, chopped chives, chopped bacon, the list goes on and on!
- Dips and Sauces – Sweet Chili Sauce (our fave), teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey mustard and even ranch! No matter what the sauce your friends and family will gobble these up!
More Easy Appetizers :
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Air Fryer Cream Cheese Wonton
- 8 ounce light cream cheese
- 12 ounce wonton wrapper – about 40 wrappers
- 2 green onions – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- In bowl, combine cream cheese, minced green onion, garlic powder and salt.
- Add water to a small bowl. Lay out several wonton wrappers. With your finger wet the edges of each wonton wrapper.
- Add one teaspoon cream cheese mixture to the center of each wonton.
- Bring up each corner to the center and pinch the edges sealing them. Set aside and continue to assemble until you have the desired amount of wontons stuffed and ready to air fry.
- Heat Air Fryer to 375 degrees. Line with an air fryer parchment paper or spray basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Lightly spray stffed wontons with cooking spray. Place wontons in basket being careful not to over crowd. You may have to cook in several batches.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Serve with desired dipping sauce.