Our Easy Cheddar Biscuit Recipe comes together in just a few minutes. Tender, flakey simple to make biscuits that are perfect every time!
Sometimes the most basic recipes are our favorite. Old school biscuits with a touch of cheese and a sprinkle of green onions to make them go boom!
We served them with Chicken and Mushroom Soup for a total comfort meal on a cloudy Sunday night. Yes, we get clouds twice a year here in Palm Springs :).
Starting Squishy in the kitchen at an early age! Look at those hands, made to make biscuits! :).
What goes in these easy biscuits?
- baking powder
- buttermilk – you can also use a mixture of milk and vinegar (see recipe card for full instructions).
- green onions (optional)
PRO TIP: Working the flour and butter together is an important step. You want the butter to look like small pebbles. I find a Kitchaid mixer using the paddle wheel works great! Just toss in the butter and the flour and let it go!
What do I serve these Easy Cheddar Biscuits with?
Store any leftovers in a ziptop bag for up to 3 days at room temperature and then refridgerate for two.
Check out these other quick and savory bread recipes. No yeast required…no rise time bread!
To fast and fresh bread !
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Easy Cheddar Biscuits
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or 1/2 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cup butter - cold and cut into cubes
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non stick spray.
- In small bowl or measuring cup combine buttermilk and egg.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to large bowl and combine.
- Add butter to flour mixture. Using a pastry blender, a fork (or mix in your KitchenAid using the paddle attachement). Mix until butter and flour resemble small pebbles. Add cheese and onions.
- Pour buttermilk into flour and butter mixture and stir until combined being careful to not over mix.
- Add a bit more flour if necessary a tablespoon at a time until a soft dough forms.
- Sprinkle a bit of flour on a board and roll out to about 3/4 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter or glass.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet. Mix up one egg in small bowl and brush on top of biscuits.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.