Easy and delicious Peach Cobbler Muffins! Tender texture stuffed full of peachy goodness! Easy prep and done in less than 30 minutes!
Summertime and the peaches are perfect! I love fruit filled muffins and these are particularly yummy!
Easy (of course, or I wouldn’t be bloggin’ ’em), and perfect for breakfast or top with ice cream for a lovely dessert!
PRO TIP: No buttermilk? No worries! Simply combine one tablespoon of white or apple cider vinegar with one cup of milk and boom! Buttermilk!
What kind of peaches should I use for these easy peach cobbler muffins?
- fresh peaches, peeled
- canned peaches, well drained in a colander
- frozen peaches that have been thawed and patted with a paper towel
What other fruit can I use in these fruit muffins?
- blueberries. Fresh or frozen (no need to thaw if frozen)
- apple chunks
- raspberries : prefer these frozen if possible as they are very tender
More muffins? You bet! Check out these favorites:
Check out this video to show you how to make these delicious, perfect muffins!
Peach Cobbler Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or scant 1 cup of milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups peaches, cut into 1" pieces sliced, fresh or thawed frozen peaches
- Turbinado sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non stick spray or line them with paper muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Drain the peaches well. Patting dry with a paper towel if necessary. Cut into 1" chunks and add to the batter. Folding in gently.
- Fill muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full. Sprinkle with raw sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown.
- The tops should be firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin should come out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing.
- Store in plastic zipper type bags at room temp for 2 days or freeze up to 3 months.