Super crunchy topping and a lot of it! The top is the best part of a muffin and this recipe gives you double the crunchy stuff! We love crunchy stuff!
You can make these jumbo or regular size. These jumbo muffins are made in a regular size muffin tin….I just use jumbo muffin cups. How clever is that? My local Safeway has them, so I’m hoping they are not too hard for you to find. I found them on Amazon as well.
But if you can’t find them, don’t let that stop you from making these. Regular size muffin cups will work just fine!
This recipe makes 7 jumbo’s or 12 regular size…either way, there is a plethora of topping in this recipe. I actually had some left and stored it in the freezer…unheard of! I always run out of topping, frosting or glaze so this recipe is a real treat!
Can I freeze these Pumpkin Muffins?
- Absolutely and they freeze so well! Store in freezer bags for up to 3 months!
I can be such a lazy baker. Most of the time I do not use two bowls, one for dry and one for wet ingredients. I just mix up the wet stuff and dump the dry stuff on top. But with this recipe, you have to take the time to mix separately. If you don’t, you will over mix the batter trying to incorporate the pumpkin and that will result in a flat muffin. Flat muffins are no fun. But big puffy muffins? Those are fun!
Check out this video of our Pumpkin Crunch Muffins! We got your pumpkin muffin needs covered with this easy, delicious, and SIMPLE recipe!
More Pumpkin Recipes for you! :
Pumpkin Pecan Crunch Muffin
For the batter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or 2 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree I use Libbys 100% Pumpkin
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter - melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the crunchy topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter -melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with 7 jumbo liners or 12 regular size liners.
- In a medium size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice..
- In a larger bowl, combine pumpkin puree, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and combine gently and only until flour is fully incorporated. Over mixing will result in flat muffins.
- Divide batter into muffin liners. About 7 for jumbo liners - 12 for regular size.
- Combine flour,brown sugar, white sugar, nuts, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add melted butter. Stir with a fork until crumbly.
- Add about a 1/4 cup of topping for jumbo muffins and several heaping tablespoons for regular size. You might have some topping left and thats okay!
- Bake for 25 minutes for jumbo and 20 minutes for regular size.
- Let cool and top with powdered sugar.