Easy to make Lemon Biscotti – easier to make than cookies! Once you make this simple recipe you can vary it 100 different ways!
These easy to make biscotti look so fancy but are so easy and make the most wonderful cookie gifts…who doesn’t want a cookie gift?
What ingredients do I need to make this lemon biscotti?
- baking powder
- 2 lemons
- turbinado sugar (optional)
Step one: Mix your very simple dough and shape into a log. If you can make meatloaf…you can make biscotti!
We like to sprinkle the dough with a bit of raw Turbinado sugar (also known as Sugar in the Raw) for extra crunch. If you don’t have it, skip it. You will still love these cookies!
After baking the biscotti log and cooling. Use a serrated knife and gently cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Place the slices on to a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake the slices for 20 minutes. If you like your biscotti soft, 20 minutes is perfect for you. For a crisper cookie add 10 more minutes.
Cool your cooked biscotti. Mix your simple lemon glaze and using a fork drizzle it over the cookie.
What other variations of biscotti can I make?
- simply omit the lemon and add:
- one cup of chopped nuts
- one cup of chopped chocolate
- reduce flour by 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup unsweetend cocoa for chocolate biscotti
- add 2 tablespoons dried coffee espresso powder for coffee biscotti
- sub almond for the vanilla extract and add 1/2 cup toasted almonds for almond biscotti
- a combo of any of the above!
How do I store biscotti?
- Store biscotti in air tight container for up to 3 weeks at room temperature and freeze for up to three months.
More Cookie recipes you might like:
- Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookie – my personal fave!
- Mrs Fields Copy cat – tastes like the real thing!
- Double Chocolate with Sea Salt – salt and chocolate? It’s a thing!
- Soft Ginger Cookies – popular all year long!
To cookies all the time!
Clink! Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
- 5 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- two large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 lemon zested about 2 teaspoons zest
- 1 lemon juiced about 2 tablespoons juice
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Turbinado sugar also known as Sugar in the Raw
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add softened butter and sugar. Using an electric mixer combine until blended.
- Add two eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix for one minute.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixture. Beat on low until just combined being careful to not over mix.
- Form into ball. Place on cookie sheet and shape into log that is 11" long and 1/2" thick. Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar (optional)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Using a serrated knife carefully cut into 1/2" slices.
- Rebake for 20 minutes. Check for crispness. If you prefer a softer cookie remove from oven. If you prefer a crisper cookie continue to cook for 10 more minutes. Cool.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Using a fork drizzle over cooled biscotti.