We love this Skillet Chicken with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce! Simply blend up store bought roasted red peppers along with garlic, chicken stock some spices and a touch of cream. Pour over seared chicken breast and dinner is done!
In a world full of food no’s, this Chicken in Creamy Red Pepper Sauce is a big old yes!
Store bought roasted red peppers are the base of this lovely dish . This recipe makes a ton of sauce. Don’t you hate making creamy recipes that never have enough sauce? I have that problem with homemade frosting…why is there never enough frosting? Or filling? There is never enough filling….so glad I have a blog to change all that!
How to make this delicious Chicken
in Creamy Red Pepper Sauce
A jar of roasted red peppers that you puree with whatever blender gadget you have. I have a Nutri Bullet and love that thing. A food processor will do the job nicely as would an immersion blender. If you have no blender gadgets, you can simply mince the red peppers and have a heartier sauce.
Pour the blended sauce over your seared chicken and simmer! Its that easy!
Don’t you love my new pan…I LOVE my new pan! I bought it from of Amazon.
I have many many plans for this pan. Big Pan Plans! Huuuuuge plans.
Sprinkle with feta, goat cheese or parmesan cheese and serve with pasta if you like.
There is plenty of sauce for it! We like our sauces around here and this makes a ton!
You can use whole chicken breasts, or cutlets. If using cutlets simply reduce the simmer time a bit checking for doneness after 8-9 minutes.
This recipe easily doubles or triples to feed a crowd. You can use this sauce for fish as well.
Other great recipes that includes roasted red peppers and a shot of cream is our Gnocchi Sausage Soup .
Or forget the chicken and just go with pasta! Roasted Red Pepper Fettuccine with Creamy Feta!
To Fast, Fresh and Healthy Dinners that don’t taste like it!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Skillet Chicken with Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 12 oz jar roasted red peppers - drained
- 3 cloves large garlic - rough chopped the blender will do the rest of the work
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream half and half in a pinch but beware it can curdle if heated to fast and allowed to simmer to hot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta - 1/4 cup for sauce and 1/4 cup for topping
- Additional fresh basil to garnish optional
- Add drained roasted red peppers to blender along with garlic, basil, chicken stock, cream and 1/4 cup feta cheese.
- Blend for about 30 seconds or until smooth. Add salt, pepper and pinch of chili flakes. Taste for seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Sear chicken until lightly brown - about 3 minutes on each side (will not be fully cooked but will continue to cook in sauce).
- Pour sauce from blender over seared chicken and simmer for about 20 minutes or until internal temp of chicken reaches 165.
- If using cherry tomatoes, toss in about 5 minutes before chicken is done. Top with additional feta, goat cheese or parm!
- Serve with pasta, bread, salad or fresh steamed broccoli.