Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf ! – Tastes like the inside of a chicken potsticker! A whole new twist on a classic recipe!
If you like potstickers you are going to love this meatloaf! All the yummy asian flavors of the inside of a chicken potsticker, without the wrapper! The kicker is the chopped water chestnuts that add a fabulous crunch!
I kept the ingredients simple for this
Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
No need to run to the store to get a plethora of asian ingredients you are only going to need once.
The glaze is a mixture of ketchup, bbq, soy sauce and few other things you probably have in your cupboard. Keeping it easy for ya!
And let me tell ya, if you think taking pictures of meatloaf is easy…then you have never taken pictures of meatloaf!
This recipe was one of the first half dozen or so recipes I published on my blog back in the stone age. My family actually ate most of it before I remembered to take some photos. Such a newbie! But I had no idea anybody but my Mom would be looking at this site. Things have changed quite a bit! Here is a snippet of the picture…I know, I know, I know…ugh. It’s amazing anyone ever came back after viewing this lovely little meat nugget…
Enjoyed that walk down memory lane…not. The only thing that gives me comfort is to know that this is a super flavorful recipe, especially when you are tired of regular old meatloaf!
To meat nuggets…sorry, not sorry!
If your looking for more ground chicken or ground turkey recipes here are a
few of our favorites!
These Healthy Stuffed Southwest Peppers are like a taco in a pepper!
Or these delicious Greek Chicken Burgers which can be made with ground chicken or ground turkey!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Asian Style Chicken Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground chicken I used 93/7% fat
- 1 pound ground chicken sausage we prefer chicken but pork is fine too
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated or 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce prefer low sodium
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped I used the whites of green onions and saved the tops for garnish
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped 8 oz can, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Combine all meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. (excluding glaze ingredients). Your hands are your best tools for this!
- Add to prepared loaf pan.
- Combine your glaze ingredients in a small bowl Pour over uncooked meatloaf and spread evenly.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli if desired!