What makes this Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe the best? Everything! Blueberries, feta and our dear friend avocado. Along with a delicious two minute Poppy Seed Vinaigrette recipe…it is THE BEST!
Feels like spring time to me! This salad has been in our lives for a very long time. We eat variations of it for lunch and dinner at least once a week.
Spinach and strawberries are like burgers and fries, pizza and pepperoni, peanut butter and jelly…oh stop me! Silly girl. They are a natural combo and whether your making this for two or a crowd of 20 it will become your go to fresh salad!
We toss this up with our Easy Poppy Seed Dressing. Just a few ingredients, shake, shake, shake and you’re done. The honey makes it sweet, the dijon is a natural emulsifier that holds it all together. TIP: The poppy seeds are traditional but if you don’t have them simply omit…the flavor of the dressing is still fabulous!
How do I make this Strawberry Spinach Salad Recipe?
- start with the freshest ingredients you can find.
- buy a block of feta opposed to crumbles. Crumbles get lost in my salad but I love the big chunks of cutting our own!
- select slightly firm avocado so it holds it’s shape when cutting and tossing.
What else can I put in my Strawberry Spinach Salad?
- we make this with apples as much as we make it with strawberries! Honey crisp or fuji cut into cubes is delicious.
- you can see I added a handful of arugula…we love it with spinach!
- pecans or any other nut, roasted and left whole or cut into large pieces.
- orange sections. You can also add a tablespoon of orange juice to the dressing to compliment the orange pieces.
- beans of any kind. Garbanzos are a favorite of ours
- and of course a protein, like grilled chicken or fish!
You will not use all the dressing for this recipe. Add as much as desired and save the rest for later.
Toss right before serving. Spinach wilts quickly!
A super fast and fresh salad with a two minute Poppy Seed Vinaigrete! Fresh spinach, strawberries, blueberries and our lovely avocado along with chunks of feta! A great salad for lunch or dinner!
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries stems removed and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 small purple onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 avocado sliced or cubed
- 1/2 cup block feta cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 pound fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh aruguala optional
- 1 Poppy Seed Dressing https://laughingspatula.com/easy-poppy-seed-dressing/
In a large salad bowl add fresh clean spinach leaves
top with remaining salad ingredients
toss with poppy seed dressing. You will not use all the dressing. Add a tablespoon at a time until your salad is lightly coated. Refridgerate the rest!
Nutrition information does not include dressing. Add 144 calories per serving.
Use block feta for a bigger flavor.
Sub diced apples, add pecans for more crunch.
Serve with grilled chicken or fish for a complete dinner!