These Easy Baked Southwest Egg Rolls make a great snack or appetizer. Feed a crowd with these or freeze for easy healthy snacking! Egg roll wrappers stuffed with a healthy mixture of chicken, beans, spinach and peppers. Baked…not fried and 100 calories each!
We are loving our new healthy snacks made with won ton and egg roll wrappers!
We rolled out 15 in a batch of these, ate a ton and froze the rest! Clocking in at around 100 calories each … I’ll take two!
Step by step instructions to roll up a batch of these delicious and healthy snacks!
Start with these ingredients:
- Egg roll wrappers – these can be found in the refrigerated international section
- 1 cup each red pepper, corn and black beans
- 1/2 cup chopped polano – or jalapeño if you like it hot!
- 3 green onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
- add cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper
Can I freeze these rolls?
- These freeze beautifully! Place baked rolls in freezer type bags for up to 3 months. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes until heated through.
- They can also be microwaved by wrapping in a paper towel and microwaved on high for 45 seconds. Check and reheat 10 seconds at a time if necessary.
How to make Easy Baked Southwest Egg Rolls:
- Combine your filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Separate your egg roll wrappers about 3 or 4 at a time…I found this to be the most challenging! No dexterity…
Place the rolls on a baking sheet covered with non stick cooking spray.
We used parchment paper but foil or a silicone mat would work well….or just place directly on a baking sheet coated with non stick spray.
Brush with a light coating of olive oil and in the oven they go!
Party appetizers for a crowd!
Lets talk about dipping!
- we used a mixture of salsa and sour cream – yum
- Healthy Dip – one cup salsa to 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- sweet chili sauce – you can find this in the Mexican food ailse
- We love a mixture of plain yogurt and hot sauce – my favorite dip! You can see with this recipe.
- Side of refried beans mixed with cheese always makes a great dip!
We love the flavors of Southwest cooking, some of our favorites are:
To healthy snacks that are big on flavor!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Egg roll wrappers stuffed with a healthy mixture of chicken, beans, spinach and peppers. All wrapped up in a egg roll wrapper and baked...not fried!
- 15 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup cooked chicken chopped
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn fresh, frozen (thawed) or canned (drained)
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 poblano pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 cup red pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese mexican blend
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup salsa
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In large bowl combine all filling ingredients. Taste. More salt? More cumin or chili powder? Adjust to your taste.
Seperate 3 or 4 egg roll wrappers. Add water to small dish. Dip your fingers into the water and moisten the edges of the wrapper.
Add 1/4 cup of filling mixture from corner to corner of wrapper.
Fold corners over long end of filling. Fold outer corner over and tuck and roll as you go.
Place egg roll onto prepared baking sheet. You will get around 15-18 egg rolls.
Brush with a small amount of olive oil.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and brown Serve with salsa yogurt dip!
Freeze in freezer type bags for up to 3 months.