Another tasty meal made with a store bought Rotisserie Chicken! Who needs to ever cook a chicken again?
I used a little of this recipe and a little of that recipe, to make, what I think, is a very easy but tasty chili. We ate half and put the rest in the freezer for one of those…’if I have to cook I’m going to kill someone’ nights. You have those right?
I used a mixture of fresh Poblano and canned roasted chili’s. Semi homemade I guess you could call this. You could add a Jalepeno or Anaheim chili. Just depends on the level of heat you want. I like mine medium- low so Poblano’s are perfect and I love the color!
I served this with baked corn bread (from a box ’cause I like me some Jiffy Corn Bread!).
Will be making this again and again!
Another favorite south of the border soup! Tortilla Soup
Easy to make healthy white chicken chili
- 2 ounce cans white beans 14.5-
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium poblano peppers chopped
- 1 6 oz can chopped roasted Chili's
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 limes juiced, plus lime wedges, for serving
- 1 rotisserie chicken skin removed and meat shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- Sour cream and grated cheese for topping
- Drain and rinse the canned white beans. Reserve the beans until needed.
- Add the canola oil to a large Dutch oven and heat it over medium-high heat. Add the peppers, onions, and garlic and saute until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt, and pepper, to taste. Add the cumin, coriander, and chili powder and continue to saute for 1 more minute to toast the spices. Stir in the chicken stock, and lime juice and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 20 more minutes.
- After 20 minutes of simmering, taste for seasoning, and adjust if necessary. Stir in the shredded rotisserie chicken and cilantro and simmer until heated through, about 5 more minutes. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, and lime wedges