This Shrimp Avocado Salad gets an additional flavor boost from mango and bacon and is tossed together with an easy Lime Citrus Vinaigrette! Serve as a light lunch or dinner or an appetizer in lettuce cups.
Sweet, tangy, salty, this salad hits all the flavor profiles we love! Serve over chopped lettuce or in a butter lettuce leaf this recipe is perfect for summer!
What do I need to make this salad:
- 1 pound cooked medium sized shrimp
- 2 cups chopped mango Check out the already cut fruit section in your grocery store. Most stores are carrying chopped mangos….so easy!
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 pound cooked bacon – we cheat and buy the already cooked bacon and crisp it up in the microwave. Who says cheaters never prosper :).
Can I make this Shrimp Salad in advance?
- Yes! Simply toss everything except the avocado and dressing in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Toss in the avocado and the dressing right before serving.
- Store in refridgerator no longer than 24 hours for best results.
How do I serve this salad?
Serve over chopped lettuce or inside butter lettuce like a lettuce wrap!
Or in a nice Martini glass! How special is that!
PRO TIP: If using raw shrimp simply roast on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or in your air fryer for 8 minutes. Chill before tossing with the salad.
Add a bright colorful punch with our Super Fast and Easy Pickeld Onions!
What do I serve with this Shrimp Avocado Salad?
Since it already has all the components of a main meal I would keep it simple!
To summer and salads!
Kathi and Rachel
Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 1 pound shrimp medium size, cooked, deviened, tails removed
- 2 cups mangoes chopped (about 2 whole mangoes)
- 2 whole avocado – slightly firm and cut into cubes
- 1 pound chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup shallot chopped (or sub green onion)
Lime Citrus Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinager
- 1 medium lime zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine shrimp, mango, avocado, shallot and bacon in large bowl. (if making in advance add avocado right before serving).
- In small bowl whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Toss vinaigrette with salad gently keeping avocado in tact. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in refridgerator for up to 24 hours.
Do u think I could omit the Mayo in the dressing g and still would taste good?
Kathi & Rachel says
yes you certainly could!