This Shrimp Avocado Salad gets an additional flavor boost from mango and bacon and is tossed together with an easy Lime Citrus Vinaigrette! Serve as a light lunch or dinner or an appetizer in lettuce cups.
Sweet, tangy, salty, this salad hits all the flavor profiles we love! Serve over chopped lettuce or in a butter lettuce leaf this recipe is perfect for summer!
What do I need to make this salad:
- 1 pound cooked medium sized shrimp
- 2 cups chopped mango Check out the already cut fruit section in your grocery store. Most stores are carrying chopped mangos….so easy!
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 pound cooked bacon – we cheat and buy the already cooked bacon and crisp it up in the microwave. Who says cheaters never prosper :).
Can I make this Shrimp Salad in advance?
- Yes! Simply toss everything except the avocado and dressing in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Toss in the avocado and the dressing right before serving.
- Store in refridgerator no longer than 24 hours for best results.
How do I serve this salad?
Serve over chopped lettuce or inside butter lettuce like a lettuce wrap!
Or in a nice Martini glass! How special is that!
PRO TIP: If using raw shrimp simply roast on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or in your air fryer for 8 minutes. Chill before tossing with the salad.
Add a bright colorful punch with our Super Fast and Easy Pickeld Onions!
What do I serve with this Shrimp Avocado Salad?
Since it already has all the components of a main meal I would keep it simple!
To summer and salads!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Shrimp Avocado Salad with Mango, Bacon and Lime Citrus Vinaigrette! Perfect for summer or anytime!
- 1 pound shrimp medium size, cooked, deviened, tails removed
- 2 cups mangoes chopped (about 2 whole mangoes)
- 2 whole avocado – slightly firm and cut into cubes
- 1 pound chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup shallot chopped (or sub green onion)
- 2 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinager
- 1 medium lime zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ginger fresh grated (or 1/2 teaspoon ground)
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine shrimp, mango, avocado, shallot and bacon in large bowl. (if making in advance add avocado right before serving).
In small bowl whisk together all vinaigrette ingredients.
Toss vinaigrette with salad gently keeping avocado in tact. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Store in refridgerator for up to 24 hours.
Check produce section for already cut mango. Consider pre-cooked bacon and crisp up in microwave. Cool before serving. If using raw shrimp, roast in oven for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.