We went all out on this Ultimate Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Big flavor baked into a loaf cake that slices up perfectly!
I am going to just be home, trying not to eat this entire cake….it’s just sitting there all lonely and stuff. I guess it’s time for a trip to the neighbors. They love it when I am dieting. Ding Dong – ‘Honey, get the door. It’s that lady that used to be fat – she brings us the most delightful stuff!”.
So happy I can be of service….sharing the chub, one neighbor at a time.
Notes to make this Ultimate Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- I used pecans but walnuts or almonds would work just as well.
- I used a loaf pan but a 9 x 9 will work just as well.
- If you want 2 loaves or a 9 x 13 size cake pan – just double the ingredients and it will work fine.
The ultimate delicious sour cream coffee cake!
- 1/2 cup butter - room temp
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter - chilled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Maple Icing
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9 x 5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
- For Cake:
- Using mixer. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and sour cream. Mix until well combined.
- In separate bowl - combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add to wet ingredients.
- For Streusel topping
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix with pastry cutter or fork until well combined and butter is the size of small peas.
- Pour half the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan and top with half the streusel mixture. Add remaining batter and top with streusel mixture. (this makes a lot of streusel so go heavy with it!)
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix all icing ingredients together and drizzle over cooled cake.