This Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing packs a ton flavor! We used store bought rotisserie chicken and crunchy veggies…but this salad, it’s all about the dressing! And wait till you see how quickly it comes together!
Things we love about this Thai salad:
- It’s crunchy, and fresh with a big flavors.
- It/\’s a great vessel for rotisserie chicken or cooked chilled shrimp.
- You can use all kinds of veggies in it, really whatever you have hanging around
- Finally…it has peanut butter on it!
A plethora of veggies make up this salad. We used Napa Cabbage as the base but you could use your favorite lettuce. Iceberg or romaine would hold up well.
Tip- When cutting your english cucs, use a spoon to remove the seeds. This will keep your salad nice and crunchy.
How to make the delicious dressing for this
Thai Chicken Salad
I used my favorite Nutri Bullet blender (again). I know! These guys should sponsor my blog. I am not a gadget gal but I love this compact little blender!
A food processor, immersion blender or just a regular blender will give you the same results.
Simply add all the ingredients and whiz it up! I wanted to show you how thick it is…it’s suppose to be but you can thin it out a bit with a few tablespoons of water.
I usually transfer all my dressings to these great squeeze bottles. I use these for everything from olive oil to dishwashing liquid! My fridge is full of them!
TIPS TO MAKE THIS CRUNCHY THAI CHICKEN SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING
- Purchase packaged, shredded cabbage and carrots if your in a rush.
- Toss the dressing in right before serving to keep things crunchy.
- This recipe makes a big batch of dressing so you can dip everything in it!
If you are looking for more recipes for rotisserie chicken…I have a Pinterest board for that here!
You might also like my Fresh Corn and Avocado Salad . Fresh corn cut right off the cob, no need for cooking. Served with a delicious Honey Lime Vinaigrette!
To Crunch Easy Salads!
A super easy main meal salad that uses store bought rotisserie chicken! The dressing packs a ton of flavor!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar regular vinegar plus one teaspoon of sugar will work in a pinch
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and chopped or 1/2 teaspoon ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 4 cups shredded napa or regular cabbage iceberg or romain will work as well
- 2 carrots - julienned
- 1 english cucumber - seeded and sliced
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 2 green onions - sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup peanuts for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
For Dressing: combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. If too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time until it reaches desired consistency. I find 2-3 tablespoons will do.
For Salad: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss.
Top with Peanut Dressing and serve!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. We only link to items we know and trust. Clink!