Everyone needs a great Cheesy Bread Recipe! This is the bread everyone will ask you to bring over and over again! Start with store bought bread and spread on the butter and cheeses. Bake not broil to heat all the way through, for the best bread ya ever had!
We call this ‘Mike’s Cheesy Bread’ around here. “Who’s bringing Mike’s Cheesy bread”?
Our friend Mike is a fabulous cook, and enjoys feeding the people he loves. That’s a lot of lucky people! How his beautiful wife Sharon stays so slim is a mystery to me! He makes tons more complicated recipes than this one, but for some reason, this one stuck. My apologies to the chef..we know your advanced cooking skills are better than this easy bread…but man, this is good stuff Mikey!
How to make this Easy Cheesy Bread Recipe
A simple combination of butter, cheddar, parmesan, garlic and oregano is spread upon a store bought loaf!
We used a loaf of sourdough but we have made it on regular french bread and the results are just as fabulous!
Simply mix all your ingredients together and slather (an under appreciated culinary term) the stuff on the bread! This baked bread browns up beautifully and heats all the way through rather than a broiled version.
What kind of cheese should I use ?
- Mike uses sharp cheddar and parmesan. Pretty simple but when combined they go boom!
- You could easily substitute any cheese you have around like gruyere, swiss or mozzarella to bring on the cheese pull!
PRO TIP: If the brand of butter you use stays on the firm side even after bringing to room temp, simply microwave for 10 seconds to soften it up.
Lets assume you want something served along side this bread…although I can tell you from experience it is a fine meal on its own :). Here are a few ideas:
If you don’t have your own Mike…at least you can have his bread!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Cheesy Bread Recipe
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread or french bread
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar grated
- 3/4 cup parmasan grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 green onions sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- combine butter, cheeses, garlic salt and oregano (microwave for 10 seconds to make easier to spread if necesssary).
- Slice bread horizontally down the middle so you have two large halves.
- Divide butter mixture evently and spread onto bread.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly on top.
- Sprinkle green onion on top, slice and serve! (Wrap leftovers, like there will be any, in plastic wrap or foil. Store in fridge until ready to reheat. 300 for 10 minutes.)