This ONE PAN Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice with Broccoli is on the table in about 30 minutes! Easy to prepare and enough for leftovers the next day!
This easy to prepare skillet dinner comes together in a flash! Full of shrimp and veggies its the perfect vehicle for just about any veggie you have hanging around!
This recipe is similar to our 20 Minute Shrimp and Orzo dish only with rice!
How to make One Pan Shrimp and Rice –
First step is to rinse your rice. Simply place in a fine mesh colander and rinse until the water is clear. This helps soften the rice and removes a lot of the starch that can make your rice sticky.
Next saute up your garlic in butter and add the rinsed rice…your half way there!
After giving your rice a little bit of a toss then add the chicken stock.
PRO TIP – We like to cook the stock and chicken uncovered for about 5 minutes then cover and continue cooking. This reduces some of the liquid and helps keep the rice from sticking.
After your rice is almost done and there is a small amount of liquid left in the pan. Add a bit of parmesan and basil and top with the shrimp and broccoli!
What other veggies can I use for this Shrimp and Rice Dinner?
This is a great clean out the fridge dish! A few suggestions:
- peppers – red, green chilies for some heat!
- carrots – pre cook these a bit before tossing in or add to the garlic and butter to soften
- what else ya got? Toss it in!
Rice is such a versatile dish and always seems to be in our pantry. Check out a few of our faves:
To easy weeknight dinners!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Shrimp and Rice with Broccoli - One pan meal
- 2 cups white rice any variety
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 1/4 cup chicken stock or water if you prefer
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan extra for garnish if you like
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined and thawed if frozen we used 21-35 size
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice to a fine mesh colander and rinse until water runs clear.
- In large skillet, melt butter and add garlic on medium heat. Saute' until garlic is soft. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add rinsed rice and continue to saute' for 2-3 minutes until butter is incorporated and rice is just getting soft.
- Add chicken stock and big pinch of salt. Simmer uncovered stirring on occasion for 4-5 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low-medium and cook for another 10 minutes until rice is almost cooked and a small amount of liquid remains in the pan. Add grated parmesan and basil. Stir gently. Taste for seasoning. NOTE: Add an additional 1/4 cup liquid if you prefer your rice softer and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper.
- Nestle shrimp and broccoli on top of rice. Cover and cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through and broccoli is fork tender. About 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional parmesan if desired and serve with lemon wedges.