Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ricotta, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes! An easy and super flavorful chicken breast recipe!
Looks soooo fancy but takes less than 30 minutes to make! I love the colors, almost looks like a holiday dish!
I guess you could stuff these babies with just about anything. I had a hard time deciding. But I settled on something cheesy with a veggie mixed in so I can feel all healthy and stuff. Off to the gym I go with my cheese and spinach stuffed chicken! (so lying).
How to make Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Spinach Ricotta and Sun Dried Tomatoes!
Mix up a bowl of ricotta, spinach, parmesan and an egg. The egg will help it hold its shape while it bakes.
Slice your chicken breast open like a book. Cutting horizontally half way through. Open that book of flavor and stuff it with your spinach ricotta mixture. I opted to lay the chopped tomatoes on top of the filling rather than mix them in so I could get all that beautiful color!
And if you have ricotta spinach mixture left over, you can bake it in a ramekin…it makes a fabulous hot dip! Double duty stuffing stuff!
Ahhh, pictures of raw chicken. Arn’t they the best? But I do it all for you guys !
Once these are stuffed, sear the chicken in a non-stick or cast iron skillet and finish off in the oven for 10 minutes. Pretty darn easy!
We love to stuff things around here. Like these Herbed Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts Wrapped in Prociutto!
To Stuffing stuff…:).
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ricotta, Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap frozen spinach in paper towel and squeeze until all excess liquid is released.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, egg, garlic, parmesan and a pinch of salt and pepper. (taste...more salt? more pepper?).
- Slice open chicken breasts like a book. Cutting horizontally but not all the way through. Sprinkle with salt and pepper inside and out.
- Place 2 heaping tablespoons of ricotta mixture inside opening of each chicken breast. Top with a sprinkle of sun-dried tomatoes. (you may not use all the ricotta mixture. You can place in a ramekin and bake...it makes a fabulous dip!).
- Heat oven safe skillet to medium high heat. Add olive oil.
- Carefully place chicken in skillet. Brown 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to oven to continue to cook. About 10 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees internally.