My mom used to make this BLT Salad with Ranch & Avocado when I lived at home, and it was always my FAVORITE!
Yes, this is a salad. No, it’s not a ‘healthy’ salad. BUT- The Super Bowl is coming up this weekend and I thought instead of wings, dip, or anything deep fried, we could go back to basics for some delicious comfort food- in a different form, with a few more veggies.
This is a super simple recipe; it’s really no fail. You could try a bunch of variations of it, too!
Tips to make this BLT Salad with Avocado and Ranch:
- Add whatever veggies sound good to you! Roasted corn, jalapeño, asparagus, you can really make it your own.
- Not a fan of bacon? Use chicken! Leftover or rotisserie chicken would be great.
- Steak would be great as well; use bleu cheese dressing and it’s a pasta wedge salad dupe!
- Swap out the cheddar for parmesan, the bacon for chicken, and use caesar dressing- another delicious, lunch friendly salad.
- We use Hidden Valley ranch, but you could make your own (our favorite ranch dressing recipe is here.
Need some more great salad recipes? Check out this wedge salad platter for a crowd– delicious toppings with quartered iceberg lettuce sections for your guests to enjoy. Also, this Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Homemade Peanut dressing will knock your socks off!
To hearty, and delicious salads!
This delicious salad is perfect for weeknights, football parties, and potlucks!
- 1.5 cups cooked pasta any shape will do- toss in cold water, then olive oil to keep from sticking
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 whole avocado; sliced and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
Ensure all vegetable ingredients are dry beforehand by patting them with a paper towel. Ensure bacon and pasta is fully cooled.
Add all ingredients into large mixing bowl.
Lightly toss to distribute dressing, careful not to smoosh avocado.
Add more dressing if desired, along with salt and pepper, serve & enjoy!