Super fresh Pico de Gallo Chicken is natually low in carbs and calories! But most importantly it is delicious! Layered chicken, onion, peppers, tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese comes together in minutes! Super fresh, fast and healthy!
What you need to make this dish:
- boneless chicken breasts
- poblano pepper
- yellow bell pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
This fresh Pico de Gallo chicken dish is truly a dump and go meal. Dump everything into the baking dish and in the oven it goes! One pan to clean!
Double or triple this recipe to fit in a 9 x 13 pan if your feeding a crowd or want it as a meal prep.
Step by step instructions to make Salsa de Gallo Chicken:
Tips to make this delicious fast and fresh chicken dinner:
- use boneless chicken breasts or thighs cut into 1 inch pieces.
- substitute Poblano pepper for Bell pepper for less heat and Jalapeno pepper for more heat.
- spice it up with chili powder and additional cumin if you like.
- add more veggies! Broccoli, cauliflower, black beans are a few additions we love.
- PRO TIP: if you use zucchini make sure and let it drain on a paper towel for 30 minutes or it will make this dish to watery.
- Serve with rice and simple salad for a full meal!
- Makes great healthy meal prep for your week.
- Naturally low carb, low sugar, gluten free and keto friendly.
- Serve with our Easy Oven Baked Rice!
A few more healthy chicken dinners you might like:
- Skillet Meditteranean Chicken
- Chicken in White Wine Sauce – One pan
- Roasted Lemon Chicken with Potatoes
- 30 Minute Chicken Puttenesca
To Healthy and Fresh Dinners!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A easy fast and fresh dinner that is also healthy! Chicken breasts, onions, peppers, tomatoes and cheese along with cumin make a tasty and super fast dinner!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts cut in 1" pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup onion chopped (yellow or white)
- 1 small Poblano pepper seeded and chopped ( sub bell pepper for less heat or jalapeno for more)
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup cilantro for garnish if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place cut chicken in an 8 x 8 baking dish. Sprinkle with cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
Top with layer of onion, peppers, tomatoes and sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and 165 degrees internally.
Serve with rice and green salad if desired.