Chili Lime Chicken Burgers with Avocado Salsa! – A delicious blend of poblano peppers, cumin, chili seasoning and lime. Use the same spices and veggies for the burgers and the salsa keeping this recipe as easy as it gets!
I like my burgers bun free…buns I got, don’t need no more! If you got room for buns, these would be great tucked into any kind of bread, or lettuce for a crunchy lettuce wrap!
Do I ever get tired of showing off my cast iron pan prowess? Is there anything this pan can’t do? Unlike our former home in Seattle where it was to wet to go outside to BBQ, here in Palm Springs…it’s to HOT! Finding balance one day at a time. But this cast iron does the trick!
These Chili Lime Burgers use the same spices and veggies in the burgers and salsa to make it super easy to make!
Start by chopping your veggies and making the salsa.
PRO TIP: How to cut an avocado easily. Simply cut into a dice right inside the halved avocado and scoop out with a spoon. No slippery little avo sliding around the cutting board to chase around!
Toss together your salsa ingredients with a big squeeze of lime to keep that avocado bright green and store in the refrigerator while you get started on the burgers.
Salsa done! Now onto the burgers.
Little salt and pepper and the rest of those veggies you already prepped and another big squeeze of lime. Divide into four equal patties and sprinkle on the seasoning!
Now, sear these babies up. Either on the grill or on the stove top. 165 degrees internally for a perfect chicken burger. About 5 minutes on each side should do it.
We like ground chicken that is 93/7. Super easy to find these days. If you go with ‘chicken breast’ meat. It’s gonna be dry. No way around it. I have yet to cook with white meat only ground chicken or turkey and have anything yummy. But you can try it and save a few grams of fat and a handful of calories but no complaining about a dry burger!
Can I use ground turkey in place of the ground chicken?
- Yes! But do try to stay with the 93/7 ratio in lieu of the fat free breast meat. You WILL have a very dry burger if you use fat free. Fat is flavor. Can’t change that.
Our most popular burger recipe has chunks of avocado mixed right into the ground chicken! Check out these Chicken Avocado Burgers.
Finish the dish with these perfect side dishes!
Tex Mex Pasta Salad with Chili Tomato Vinaigrette
To bunless wonder burgers!
Kathi & Rachel
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Chili Lime Chicken Burgers with Avocado Salsa
- 1 1/2 pound ground chicken 93/7 ground turkey will work as well
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 chopped poblano pepper green bell pepper would work as well
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 large ripe avocado,diced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/2 of the chili seasoning you made
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 chopped red pepper
- 1/2 chopped poblano pepper
- 1 chopped green onion
- Combine all chili seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Combine all salsa ingredients and half of the chili seasoning mix. Cover and store in refridgerator while you make the burgers.
- Combine all burger ingredients. Shape into 4 equal patties. Sprinkle generously with remaining chili seasoning on both sides.
- Heat grill pan to medium high heat and cook burgers for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove burgers and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Top burgers with avocado salsa and serve with or without your favorite bun!
Lisa Y says
I make these with ground turkey and my family LOVES them! They have become a staple meal around here!
These are amazing. I made them last week and my husband loved them so we doubled the recipe and made them this week and have had them everyday for lunch. I added cheese and extra guacamole to up the fat content for keto. Soooo good!!
Great flavor in these burgers! I made them as is without the bread crumbs and they turned out great!
Steve Schaff says
These look fabulous…have you made them with ground turkey? Does the avocado give it enough fat?
Love your recipes.
I am also wondering if this will work with ground turkey
Susan @ Culinary Envy says
Yummy! This is my idea of a healthy burger! Love the grill pan too. Pinned!
Oh my gosh, YES. These look SO delicious and so full of flavor! Perfect without the bun or with a nice toasty pretzel roll…. yuuum!
Kathi @ LaughingSpatula.com says
Thanks Karly! Coming from you thats quite a compliment!