This big flavored Greek Pasta Salad is packed with crunchy veggies, chunks of feta and salty olives. Tossed with a super simple lemon vinaigrette, it is the perfect side dish!
This salad packs a big punch of crunch! Packed full of fresh veggies along with salty olives and fat chunks of feta it will become your go to pasta salad!
To make this Greek Salad stand out, we buy a big block of feta cheese and cut it into large chunks.
Salty kalamatas and crunchy cucumbers and peppers round out the veggies. A bit of red onion adds even more flavor.
Keep those cuc’s crunchy by removing the seeds with a spoon then slice them up!
We love english cucumbers. The long ones that are all wrapped up. No peeling! yay!
How to make Easy Lemony Greek Vinaigrette in 2 minutes!
Don’t blink…this is gonna go quick! Add olive oil, lemon, vinegar, and herbs into a jar….shake shake shake! Done!
What other kind of stuff can we throw into this Greek Pasta Salad?
- pepperonici are a real hit around here. Tiny picked peppers. They come in mild or hot.
- giardiniera – the whole garden pickled in a jar!
- chopped broccoli
- chopped carrots
- pepperoni or salami – we like them cubed for more texture
- avocado – oh yes, there is always room for avocado!
- more cheese – all kinds, cubed or shaved!
- most any veggie you have in the fridge can be tossed into this beautiful salad!
What about pasta? Do I have to use Rotini?
- Skies the limit on this! Orzo, penne, bow tie to just name a few.
What can we serve with this Greek Pasta Salad?
- grilled chicken
- grilled fish
- This is great for lunch the next day and the day after that!
If you love fresh salads than you will love this Strawberry Spinach Salad with easy Poppyseed Dressing, another 2 minute wonder dressing!
or this Asian Slaw with Peanut Dressing that uses store bought slaw…keeping it easy with tons of flavor!
To fresh salads that feed you for days!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Greek Pasta Salad
For Pasta Salad
- 1 16 ounce package rotini pasta bow tie, penne or orzo are great substititutions
- 1 red bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thin
- 1 english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese block cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Greek Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar white or red wine vinegar can be substituted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1/2 of a lemon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 clove fresh garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse until cool. Set aside.
- combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a mason type jar and shake.
Use a block of feta cut into 1/4 inch chunks for a bigger flavor and more texture.
Store for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
You may not use all the dressing...add about half, taste and adjust.
Teresa Fiorentino says
What’s your favorite feta cheese?
Kathi & Rachel says
Hi Teresa! I really like the block kind in water regardless of brand. That way you can chunk it up in large chunks and it doesnt get lost in the salad.
Sheila Blue says
I just made this salad when we had weekend guests. Very yummy! It was a real hit! Definitely will make this again.
I just finished making this absolutely delicious salad, and with your permission I would like to post it on Facebook if I could figure out how. I have several friend friends who are avid cooks who would love it. Two things, one is that it makes a ginormous vat of salad, so be aware, and second, far from halving the dressing, I doubled it. It’s a wonderful dressing.
I really like your recipes. Like you seem to, I love food also!
I’m all abut the Mediterranean diet lately, and this salad will go very nicely with the Lamb Burgers we’ll be serving at out Father’s Day bash tomorrow. Thanks Kathy, for yet another yummy recipe!
Thank you Angelina! We hope you love it!