Sheet Pan Mahi Fajitas! – Fresh veggies and fish all tossed together in a simple marinade. Serve with tortillas, lettuce wraps or chopped over a salad. We all need more fish and veggies and this is a delicous way to get them!
This recipe is basically the same as our Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas but you are going to give the veggies a 10 minute head start since fish cooks so quickly.
Ingredients to make Sheet Pan Mahi Fajitas –
- mahi, cod, halibut, tilapia all work great for this recipe
- red, green and yellow bell peppers
- anaheim, poblano or japlapeno’ pepper depending on how much heat you like
- cumin and chili powder
- olive oil
- tortillas or lettuce to wrap them up in!
Simply chop your veggies and toss in the simple fajita marinade you just mixed up. Then nestle, (isn’t that a better word than plop? Although I probably plop more than nestle). ‘Nestle’ the fish fillets right on top of the the par cooked veggies and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Ding dinner done!
A delicious Meditteranean Style Fish Dinner – and we all know we need more fish and veggies in our lives!
Serve this up with tortillas, or just
plop nestle it on salad, or wrap it up in a lettuce leaf for a delish lettuce wrap.
Don’t get me started on the leftover lunchbox thing here. Perrrfeect for that! I love me some leftover lunchbox stuff!
Notes to make the perfect Mahi Fajitas –
- We buy our Mahi from Costco, frozen – love, love, love it. Thaw before using.
- If you are using a less thick fillet like Tilapia, make sure and adjust your cooking time.
- Line your sheet pan! Parchment works best but foil will do in a pinch.
- Use the convection feature of your oven if you have it. It helps brown up the veggies.
For an additional pop of flavor we like to spread a little refried beans on our corn tortilla and layer another on top!
What toppings do you put on a fajita?
- sour cream
- refried beans
Serve along side our yummy Best Spanish Rice dish!
To Fresh, Fast and Healthy Dinners!
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Sliced peppers and onion with Mahi (or your choice of fish) nestled on top and covered with a delicious and easy to make marinade!
- 4 Mahi Fillets or other white fish such as cod or halibut
- 1 red pepper - sliced
- 1 yellow pepper - sliced
- 1 onion - sliced
- 1 poblano pepper - sliced jalapeno if you like heat!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line large baking sheet with parchment or foil.
Combine all marinade ingredients in small dish. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade to brush on fish.
Toss chopped veggies in remaining marinade.
Spread onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Brush fish fillets with reserved marinade and nestle on to par cooked veggies.
Bake for additional 15 minutes or until fish is firm to the touch and internal temp is 145 degrees.
Serve with corn or flour tortillas and all your favoriate fajita condiments!