Chicken Avocado Burgers ! Ground chicken with fresh chunks of avocado mixed right into the burger before grilling!
This is really a one of a kind burger! The avocado is mixed right into the ground chicken and becomes all warm and soft…it’s a burger bomb that’s super healthy and delicious!
Why we love these Chicken Avocado Burgers!
- grill indoor or out
- super easy to make with simple ingredients, just the way we love it around here!
- the avocado gets all warm and soft when cooked inside the burger and lifts it to a whole new level of flavor. Who doesn’t love avocado!
- Paleo and Whole30 – this burger is a clean eating machine!
This has turned out to be the most viewed post on our blog…to say I didn’t see that coming is an understatement. The reason for it’s popularity is because it is so Paleo and Whole30 friendly, not to mention super easy.
Make a double batch, you will be glad you did! Hellooo lunchbox!
How to make Chicken Avocado Burgers!
- I usually cook these on a grill pan indoors, it helps keep the meat moist…but you can certainly grill these outdoors. Just be careful not to overcook. I love this Grill Pan!
- When mixing the avocados and forming the patties – go gently to keep the avocado chunks intact. Using a more firm avocado will help as well.
- These will keep for several days in your fridge. I have frozen them as well, and the avocado holds up really great! Wrap individually and store in freezer safe ziploc bag.
- Great add in is chopped Poblano (for a little heat) or chopped Jalapeno (for more heat!)
- Nutrition info is based on Panko crumbs.
Can I use ground turkey in place the ground chicken?
- Yes, and a lot of comments say it’s great! But ground all breast meat is dry. It is. Can’t change it. The avocado helps but fat free turkey tastes like fat free turkey. We recommend a blend of 93/7 ground turkey if you can’t find ground chicken.
A few other fast, fresh and fabulous meals for you to try that are Paleo and Whole30 Compliant!
Easy Roasted Chicken with Lemon and Rosemary! – switch out the red potatoes for sweet potatoes to kick it up!
30 Minute Chicken Puttanesca! – One pan and tons of flavor! This comes together quickly and if your not an olive fan, no worries, just leave them out!
All our favorite Whole30 and Paleo recipes in one place!
To healthy burgers!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
GET THE FULL RECIPE VIA VIDEO HERE!
A new twist on a Chicken Avocado Burger! Mix cubed avocado directly into your ground chicken for a super kicked up avocado flavor!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks
- 1 clove chopped of garlic
- 1/3 cup Panko crumbs or Almond meal to keep it Paleo and Whole30 friendly
- 1 minced Poblano or Jalapeño pepper optional but recommended
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
Shape into desired size patties .
Grill 4-5 minutes on each side on an indoor grill pan or an outside grill at medium heat or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
For best results buy avocado more on the firm side. This will ensure the chunks stay intact during mixing and cooking.
We like a ground chicken that is 97/3. A little bit of fat makes these much tastier. Ground chicken breast can be dry.
Grill indoors or out. We love to use our indoor grill pan for this!