I can’t get enough of this stuff! This Corn and Avocado Salad with Lime Honey Vinaigrette is just delicious- fresh, crunchy, and super flavorful. I first made this to go with my Grilled Mahi but found it’s just as yummy on it’s own. We serve it with simple grilled chicken and it’s fabulous with Fajitas. The lime keeps the avocado nice and green and the honey adds just a touch of sweetness to the corn
The corn is shucked and tossed right in. No need to cook it….leave it crunchy, it’s what makes this salad so fresh tasting. Gotta taste test this one before serving. Add a bit more salt or sugar if your corn is less sweet than you like.
No fancy schmancy gadgets (’cause I don’t use them), just a nice sharp knife to remove the corn from the cob.
I used a Poblano pepper which I love and guess what? Who grew her own pepper? Yup, little old farmer me! I tied a bandana around my neck, headed out to my container and plucked my one, and only one Poblano pepper off the vine. Oh the life of a container gardner…exhausting! Honey! Grab me some sweet tea I am tuckered out!
The vinaigrette is mild but adds a distinctive flavor. It also keeps everything all nice and crunchy for a few days in the fridge.
Great way to use the last of this summer corn!
Tasty side dish or salsa served with Sheet Pan Fajitas!
Corn and Avocado Salad with Lime Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 ears of fresh corn - shucked and kernels removed from cobb
- 1 avocado - slightly firm and cut into cubes
- 1 Poblano Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Lime Honey Vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots . can sub red onion for shallot
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- In large bowl, add all salad ingredients.
- In small separate bowl, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients.
- Taste for seasoning - salt? pepper? Maybe an added tablespoon of honey or sugar?
- Pour dressing over corn salad - chill!