This Hot Honey Chicken can be baked in the oven or cooked up in the Air Fryer. Get ready for a flavor explotion! Sweet and crunchy with just a little after burn. This easy chicken recicpe is our new addiction!
Drizzled with our new Hot Honey recipe, that takes only minutes to make! We love to drizzle this stuff on everything from pork to chicken to fish. We keep it on the counter, next to the butter, it’s our favorite new condiment!
Ingredients for Hot Honey Chicken
- One batch of Hot Honey – honey and chili flakes simmered together.
- Boneless chicken thighs – boneless chicken breasts will work as well.
- Panko Crumbs
- Smoked paprika – use regular unsmoked if thats what you have.
- Garlic powder
You can oven bake this chicken or use the Air Fryer. We actually prefer the Air Fryer for a most crispy crust but did not want to leave out those who do not own that marvelous machine. This recipe is too good to miss!
Hot Honey Chicken
To start – make one recipe of our Hot Honey. Simply simmer 1 tablespoon of chili flakes with one cup of honey. Just regular ole’ plastic bear bottle of honey. Requires nothing fancy! Seep for 30 minutes and strain into a jar. Thats it! Longer it seeps the hotter it gets. We find 30 minutes to be the perfect amount of heat for our family.
For the chicken:
Season your panko crumbs with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
Dredge your chicken in the egg and then into the panko crumbs.
To Oven Bake Hot Honey Chicken – 400 degrees. Place dredged chicken on sheet pan sprayed with non stick spray or lined with parchment. Bake for 25-30 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 and is crispy brown.
To Air Fry Chicken – preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees. Place dredged chicken inside Air Fryer and cook 10 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook another 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Drizzle honey over chicken and you have the best sweet, spicy and crunchy chicken ever! And all in about 30 minutes.
What to serve with Hot Honey Chicken
- Oven Baked Rice – just toss this in while the chicken is cooking!
- Deviled Egg Mac Salad – make it once and you’ll make it 100 times.
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes – more crunch please!
- Fresh Creamed Corn – my family goes nuts for this one.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hot Honey Chicken
- 1 batch Hot Honey Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken thighs - or boneless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika - sub regular unsmoked if thats whats on hand
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare one batch of Hot Honey.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. (see notes below for Air Fryer method). Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- On shallow plate combine panko crumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl whisk the egg.
- Dredge each chicken thigh in egg then in the panko crumb mixture. Place on baking sheet. Spray chicken with olive oil or non stick spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until inside is 165 degrees and outside is brown and crispy.
- Drizzle with Hot Honey and serve!