Whats better than a chocolate cookie? A Double chocolate chip cookie with a sprinkle of Sea Salt to make the flavors go boom! Crackly crunchy on top and soft on the inside….a grown up cookie even the kids will love!
I am not much of a baker…I don’t do fancy. For as much as I love to cook, I have no patience in the kitchen. Strange combo for a food blogger, but I got a feeling there are a lot of cooks like me out there, who LOVE GOOD FOOD but struggle with the mess and the prep.
I am also a cheater. I love to cut out unnecessary steps. Rather than dirty a bowl mixing up the dry and wet ingredients, I just measure the dry ingredients right into the combine wet ingredients. Brilliant! Yes? No?
I am sure there is a pastry chef out there rolling their eyes and thinking this is such an amateur move. (ya, right…like a pastry chef reads my blog). But it works. One less dirty bowl.
You clean your bowl pastry chef person…I’ll clean mine.
Why do I do I take these culinary risks? Because I love you guys, and I want you to be happy…and chubby. Be me. Happy and chubby. It’s not a bad thing. And you get cookies instead of kale…and people will like you better. I know this because if I brought a container full of kale to a friend, they would not like me…I live to be liked, so I bring my friends cookies. Nuff said…
Mix up the dough, sprinkle with salt, pop in the oven. Instant cookie gratification!
Why we love these Double Chocolate Salted Cookies
- You don’t have to chill the dough. You can can go right into feeding the cookie beast as soon as possible.
- You make everything in one bowl.
- You don’t need a bunch of fancy chocolate. Regular old Hersheys cocoa and some good semi-sweet chocolate chips will do the trick.
- They are not kale and your friends will like you
Need more cookies in your life? Try our other favorite easy cookie: Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies! More chub, more friends, yay!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Double Chocolate Cookies with Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour, all purpose
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt to sprinkle on cookies
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper, silicone mat or just spray with non stick spray.
- In large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine both sugars and melted butter. Add egg and vanilla. Mix for another 30 seconds.
- Directly to the bowl of wet ingredients add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Using the back of your hand or a spoon, slightly flatten each cookie dough ball. Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges are just turning brown and the tops are showing crackle.
- Cool for 10 minutes.