This Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wing Recipe has a secret ingredient that makes them extra crispy! A quick and easy rub that includes spices and…
Baking powder! (NOT BAKING SODA. THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGEABLE)
How does Baking Powder make these wings extra crispy?
- It’s pretty basic. The baking powder dries them out. The dryer your wings, the crispier they get!
- You can not taste the baking powder…at least I could not. Some folks get an aluminum taste when cooking with it. There are non-aluminum baking powders out there for you super tasters!
For our easy air fryer wings we mixed up garlic powder, chili powder and a teaspoon of smoked paprika, salt, pepper and the secret ingredient . You can tell when you rub this onto the wings that that the texture is drier. Wonder if you can apply this to other proteins? mmmmm…back to the kitchen!
How long do you cook chicken wings in the air fryer?
- 20 minutes at 400 turning after 10 minutes made the perfect wings for us! If you have larger wings, cook for another 5 minutes or so until as crispy as you like it.
- Check out the parchment paper air fyer liners! They are fabulous! WARNING: Do not put the liner in the air fryer during the preheat. Why? Because the fan will suck it up to the hot element and your kitchen will be full of smoke! How do I know this…take a guess. ADD THE PARCHMENT WHEN ADDING THE FOOD. THE FOOD WILL KEEP IT WEIGHED DOWN.
What is the best Air Fryer?
- Without a doubt the COSORI gets the best reviews. But more important is basket size. You need a 9″ basket to really do any kind of decent cooking. Everyone I know who has purchased a 6″ basket size air fryer has put it away because it just doesn’t cook enough!
Can I bake these in a regular oven?
- It will take 45-60 minutes to get these nice and crispy but yes, you can. 400 degrees on a lined baking sheet.
Easily double or triple this recipe. The more wings the better!
We love appetizers and will eat them in place of a meal anytime! Some of our favorites are below:
To healthy snacks and prospect of parties to serve them!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
These crispy and easy to make chicken wings are rubbed with spices and baking powder to give it extra crunch!
- 1 pound chicken wings about 12 wings
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional but we love the hint of smoke!)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder NOT BAKING SODA
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toss with buffalo sauce or honey if desired. Serve with dipping sauce such as ranch or bleu cheese
Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees.
Line basket with parchment or brush lightly with vegetable oil.
Pat dry wings with paper towels until as dry as possible.
Combine dry ingredients in small bowl and toss with wings applying coating evenly.
Place wings in preheated Air Fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Turn. Cook for an additional 10 minutes. Cook longer if desired browness has not been reached. Another 4-5 minutes should be adequate.
Cool for 5-10 minutes before serving...they are hot!
Toss in buffalo sauce or honey and serv with ranch or bleu cheese dip.
Use baking powder, NOT BAKING SODA.
Double or triple recipe easily.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission, at no additional cost to you, should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Clink!