Easy Layered Greek Dip! – This comes together in a flash with store bought hummus and few other ingredients!
Healthy, low fat, low calorie dip! I’m always glad when there is something on the healthy side when I go to a party. That way I can hit the cheese platter and wine bar in between healthy bites of dip and still waddle out with my chins held high!
Hummus, tzatziki, cucs, tomatoes, feta and olives make up this Easy Layered Greek Dip!
Easy assembly, no cooking required. You make the tzatziki yourself with just lemon, dill and garlic.
I love recipes like this…you go to the store, buy some stuff, make it look all pretty and you are a foodie hero! I used a pie plate but any 8 x 8 dish will work. Double the recipe for a 9 x 13 baking dish and get a mega hit of healthy dip! More cheese! More wine!
Just layer the hummus than tzatziki and top with fresh chopped veggies! Done and done!
TIP: To keep your dip from getting watery, seed your cucs and tomatoes. Simply use a spoon and scrape the out the seeds before chopping. This is best when assembled right before serving, but it will hold up great for a couple hours in the fridge. Serve with pita chips.
If you have an extra minute or two, sub your store bought hummus with Avocado Hummus to kick it up a notch!
Easy Layered Greek Dip
Store bought ingredients help make this beautiful and healthy appetizer!
- 1 16 oz container of hummus
- 8 oz plain yogurt I like the 2% better than non fat
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice juice from half a lemon
- 1 large english cucumber seeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped kalamata olives
- Combine yogurt, garlic, dill and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Spread hummus in 8 x 8 dish and top with yogurt mixture.
- Top with cucumbers, tomato, feta and olives.
- Serve with pita chips!