We are huge salmon lovers in this household, and on this blog! We need a salmon recipe with loads of flavor and who doesn’t love Asian flavoring- meet, Miso Glazed Salmon! A quick marinade and a brush of it under the broiler give this salmon a sticky & sweet flavor. We love this served with steamed broccoli & white rice.
Some of our favorite meals are made on sheet pans- fajitas, chicken thighs, even pumpkin pie (trust me, its great for feeding a crowd). This Miso Salmon joins those favorites..easy, flavorful and healthy. Hits all the marks!
What exactly is miso paste?
Miso paste is made from fermented soybeans. It has a rich, savory salty yet semi sweet flavor that is often added to Asian cooking. You can find it at most grocery stores, and also often at Asian grocery stores.
The first step is to make the glaze- a mixture of miso paste, brown sugar, soy sauce, minced ginger, and sesame oil. Whisk it all together, and pour about 2/3 of the mixture over the salmon filet (the remaining glaze will be brushed on the top and broiled at a later step).
After pouring the marinade on top of the salmon filet, I like to let my fish marinade for about 30 minutes- 1 hour in the fridge to give it more flavor. Of course if you are short on time, you can skip this step, but I really recommend it for a richer flavor.
Once the salmon has marinated, bake it for about 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. This should get the salmon to about 125 degrees fahrenheit- if not, bake it until it gets there, checking often with a thermometer. The next step is to remove the salmon from the oven, brush the remaining glaze, and broil it until the top is sticky. This should bring the salmon to about 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, let it rest on the counter, allowing it to come up to its final cooked temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
The end result..Perfectly stick & sweet Asian glazed salmon!
For a complete dinner- here’s a few options to serve on the side:
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Miso Glazed Salmon
- 1-1.25 lb salmon filet
Marinade & Glaze
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp minced ginger (Storebought vs. handchopped works great as well)
- sesame seeds
- green onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with foil, spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl, whisk to combine.
- Place salmon on foil lined sheetpan, and pour abot 2/3 of the marinade over the top of the salmon. *If deeper flavor desired, lllow to marinate for about 30 minutes-1 hour in the fridge.
- Place salmon in oven, cooking for about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches about 125 degrees. .
- Remove salmon from oven, turn broiler on high. Using a basting brush, brush remaining glaze over salmon. Once broiler is ready, place salmon back in oven and cook for about 5 minutes, or until salmon browns, and is about 135-140 degrees fahrenheit.
- Allow salmon to come up to temperature on counter, and serve after about 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!*Salmon is fully cooked once it reaches 145 degrees farenheit.
For more salmon recipes, here’s some of our favorites: