This easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta recipe comes together in less tha 30 minutes with a two minute white wine sauce. Serve with all any veggies you have hanging around. It’s a great ‘clean out the fridge’ dish your whole family will love!
Why we love this simple pasta dish –
Fresh ingredients that come together in less than 30 minutes for a fabulous dinner!
We used artichoke hearts, peppers, broccoli, fresh tomatoes and onions in our dish. Some other suggestions are:
- boneless chicken cut in two inch pieces instead of shrimp and scallops
- roasted red peppers
- add a 1/3 cup of heavy cream for a creamy sauce
- any shape of pasta will work!
Some other fast and fresh pasta dishes you might like:
- 20 Minute Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Easy Italian Pasta Skillet
- Shrimp Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce
Tips to make this Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Dinner:
- use a good white wine, the kind you would drink :). Substitute chicken stock in place of wine if desired.
- use any type of pasta – bow ties, linguine, spaghetti etc.
- add 1/3 cup of heavy cream or half and half to make a creamy sauce.
- add fresh or dried herbs.
- go big with the salt and pepper in this dish. Taste, season, taste, season.
- store in a closed container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
- 8 ounces fettuccini pasta or any variety you have
- 8 ounces large scallops fresh or frozen
- 8 ounces shrimp raw medium size
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained frozen (thawed) or marinated can be substituted
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chicken stock preferably low sodium
- Salt and pepper will vary on sodium content of your stock. Taste!
- Boil water in large pot for pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While your water is boiling heat one tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet. Pat dry scallops with a paper towel. Liberally salt and pepper the scallops and place in pan. Sprinkle in shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until scallops are brown and cooked and shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add all chopped veggies, except artichokes and tomato, to pan and saute for about 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Combine, flour, wine, chicken stock and oregano. Salt and pepper. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add wine mixture to veggies. Cook until thickened about 2 minutes. Add artichokes and diced tomato. Heat through.
- Drain cooked pasta and toss with veggies, shrimp and scallops. Taste for seasoning! More salt, pepper?
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve with a crisp salad and french bread if desired.