This easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta recipe comes together in less tha 30 minutes with a two minute white wine sauce. Serve with all any veggies you have hanging around. It’s a great ‘clean out the fridge’ dish your whole family will love!
Why we love this simple pasta dish –
Fresh ingredients that come together in less than 30 minutes for a fabulous dinner!
We used artichoke hearts, peppers, broccoli, fresh tomatoes and onions in our dish. Some other suggestions are:
- boneless chicken cut in two inch pieces instead of shrimp and scallops
- roasted red peppers
- add a 1/3 cup of heavy cream for a creamy sauce
- any shape of pasta will work!
Some other fast and fresh pasta dishes you might like:
- 20 Minute Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Easy Italian Pasta Skillet
- Shrimp Pasta in Tomato Cream Sauce
Tips to make this Easy Shrimp and Scallop Pasta Dinner:
- use a good white wine, the kind you would drink :). Substitute chicken stock in place of wine if desired.
- use any type of pasta – bow ties, linguine, spaghetti etc.
- add 1/3 cup of heavy cream or half and half to make a creamy sauce.
- add fresh or dried herbs.
- go big with the salt and pepper in this dish. Taste, season, taste, season.
- store in a closed container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
Shrimp and Scallop Pasta
- 8 ounces fettuccini pasta or any variety you have
- 8 ounces large scallops fresh or frozen
- 8 ounces shrimp raw medium size
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 14 ounce can artichoke hearts drained frozen (thawed) or marinated can be substituted
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup dry white wine or chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chicken stock preferably low sodium
- Salt and pepper will vary on sodium content of your stock. Taste!
- Boil water in large pot for pasta and cook according to package directions.
- While your water is boiling heat one tablespoon of canola oil in a large skillet. Pat dry scallops with a paper towel. Liberally salt and pepper the scallops and place in pan. Sprinkle in shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until scallops are brown and cooked and shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove to plate and set aside.
- Add all chopped veggies, except artichokes and tomato, to pan and saute for about 3 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Combine, flour, wine, chicken stock and oregano. Salt and pepper. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Add wine mixture to veggies. Cook until thickened about 2 minutes. Add artichokes and diced tomato. Heat through.
- Drain cooked pasta and toss with veggies, shrimp and scallops. Taste for seasoning! More salt, pepper?
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve with a crisp salad and french bread if desired.