Easy on the cook but big on flavor! This quick making Italian Sausage and Mushroom Soup is a great ‘clean out the fridge’ meal!
Fast, Fresh and Healthy! You can whip up a big batch of this soup and feed your family for a few days with a enough left over for lunch! Plus..it’s got a secret ingredient.
Over the years I have gotten in the habit of cooking a large pot of something on Friday nights to avoid having to cook over the weekend. I cook ALOT during the week and need the break to recharge my culinary creativity :).
This soup has a secret weapon. Store bought marinara sauce. Pretty darn brilliant if you ask me! It turns the soup into an Italian wonderland of flavors. I love the Trader Joe’s Organic, no salt added stuff, but whatever you have on hand will work. Better quality marinara means a better soup. Same goes for the sausage. I used chicken sausage, which I always do. I like that it isn’t too fatty but gives you all the flavor of a good pork sausage, but again, if you have a fave…use it!
Super simple Italian Sausage Soup with Mushrooms has tons of flavor but doesn’t require a whole lot of ingredients. Hello weekend freedom!
This soup would be sooooo good with my easy, one rise, practically make themselves, Homemade rolls!
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Soup
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1 cup celery - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots - chopped
- 1 cup onion - chopped
- 2 cloves large garlic - minced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms - sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1 32 oz jar marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup rotini noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In large soup pot or dutch oven, combine sausage, celery, onions and carrots. Saute until until sausage is cooked through and veggies are tender. ( If you are using a more high fat sausage, remove all but 2 tablespoons of fat.)
- Add garlic, mushrooms and parsley. Saute for 4-5 minutes until garlic is fragrant and mushrooms are tender.
- Add marinara sauce and chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add rotini noodles and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese