These Easy Homemade Rolls are one rise. No double duty! This recipe is unique and delicious! Make these once and you will never go store bought again…they are that easy. And check out the new video we just added below!
Whats the secret to a great one rise roll? Nothing fancy…just simple ingredients put together in a unique way.
How to make Easy Homemade Rolls –
Simply mix and knead your dough. Shape into rolls and let rise in a 170 degree oven for 30 minutes. Then crank up the heat to 350 degrees for another 20 minutes, without ever removing the rolls from the oven! Brilliant!
I could probably call these ‘miracle buns’, but I won’t. Tempting though……
This recipe makes 12 rolls. If you need 24, we have that recipe for you! Easy One Rise Rolls for a Crowd!
You certainly do not have to weigh each roll, but if you wanted to be sure you got an even dozen, they would weigh 3 ounces each.
Or you could just roll into a log shape and cut up evenly into 12 pieces….like a normal person.
Place your rolls on a sheet pan or in a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish. Place in your oven set for 170 degrees until double in size. They should look like this after 30 minutes.
Now turn up the heat to 350 degrees without removing them from the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until lightly brown. Brush with butter and sprinkle with coarse salt if desired.
Tips for Making One Rise Homemade Rolls!
- Serve these the same day you make them for best results.
- We love these with homemade honey butter. One cube softened butter mixed with 1/4 cup honey.
- We used regular yeast, not Rapid Rise.
These rolls would be fabulous with our Beef Barley Soup recipe!
Need a better visual? Check out this video we made- it shows you how we make our easy HomeMade rolls step by step! Yay!
To Buns in Your Oven!
Easy Homemade Rolls
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter - cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4-5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 ounce package active dry yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- In small bowl or microwave safe measuring cup - heat milk and butter for 90 seconds on high
- Pour into mixing bowl (I used a Kitchen Aid with bread hook)
- Add 3/4 cup hot water (should be slightly uncomfortable to the touch).
- Add sugar and salt
- Mix until well blended
- Add 2 cups of flour and yeast - mix for about 1 minute.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add another 2 cups of flour, one at a time.
- Add additional flour if needed until dough separates from the bowl.
- Using Kitchen Aid or your hands, knead for 5 minutes until silky
- Butter a 9 x 13 baking ban
- Cut dough into desired shapes and add to prepared pan
- Put into preheated 170 degree oven to rise. This takes about 30 minutes.
- Once your buns are the desired size (sorry, can't help it, gotta get one in!).
- Turn up oven to 350 degrees without removing from oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Top with melted butter and coarse salt if desired.