One skillet 30 minute Easy Mediterranean Chicken is all about the easy dry rub. Cumin, oregano, basil, paprika and a pinch of cinnamon bring it all together. A quick sear, some veggies and a little chicken stock and wine and you have a restaurant quality dish in 30 minutes!
Another fabulous one pan flavorful chicken recipe. You can’t have too many of them!
Start by making an easy Mediterranean spice rub. Don’t panic if you don’t have all the ingredients but do try to use the essential two which are cumin and cinnamon.
This dish is similar to our Italian Chicken Skillet with a little more punch in the rub.
There is also our Tex Mex Skillet which has a little Mexican flare!
A trip around the glob with skillet dinners!
Whats the trick to perfectly seared chicken?
- Heat your pan until the oil is just starting to smoke.
- Add your chicken and DON’T TOUCH! Leave it alone for at least 3-4 minutes before turning.
- If your chicken is sticking give it a few more minutes. When it is ready to turn it will release easily. Chicken is so smart :).
We used chicken breasts for this delicious fast dinner, but chicken thighs would work well. Bone in or out, doesnt matter as long as you reach that perfect internal temp of 165 degrees.
Your chicken breasts have a perfect sear and ready to remove to a plate while you cook up the veggies and make the quick pan sauce made up of chicken stock and white wine.
For this particular dish it isn’t necessary for your chicken to be cooked all the way through. It will continue to cook with the veggie and sauce.
We try to implement a Mediterranean diet into our daily lives as much as possible. So healthy and such big bold flavors! Here are a few of our favorite recipes to try:
Add your chicken back to the skillet and continue to cook until your chicken is perfectly done at 165 degrees.
Toss in the artichoke hearts, tomatoes and kalamatas and warm though.
We love to serve this Mediterranean Chicken with a side of couscous!
A few more of our most popular ONE PAN CHICKEN DINNERS!
Kathi & Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts chicken thighs can be substituted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For spice rub
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Veggies and Pan Sauce
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 yellow pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 15 ounce can artichoke hearts drained
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 fresh lemon quartered
- Heat large skillet with olive oil on medium high heat until oil just begins to smoke.
- Combine all rub ingredients in a small dish and rub on both sides of chicken.
- Place chicken into pan and sear 3-4 minutes on each side. ( Your chicken may not be all the way cooked through but will continue to cook with veggies and pan sauce). Remove to plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add one more tablespoon olive oil to pan and saute peppers until crisp tender. About two minutes.
- In small bowl or measuring cup combine chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and flour with a whisk until no lumps remain. Pour into pan with peppers. Simmer until thickened.
- Add chicken back to pan. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165 degrees internally.
- Sprinkle artichoke hearts, kalamata olives and tomatoes on top and stir gently. Cook for a few minutes until heated through. Place lemon wedges around skillet and serve!
- Serve with couscous or rice.