These beautiful seared Chicken Thighs are the stuff Sunday night dinners are made of !
I thought I’d finish up the year with this little masterpiece. First thing my husband said is it looks just like the Lemon Roasted Chicken you just posted. Oh no Mr. Laughing Spatula, it is totally different! Yes, it has lemon, but thats just because I like lemon with my chicken and doesn’t it make the picture look pretty? This recipe is just chicken, no potatoes, because, well, ya know, it’s the new year and stuff and I’m cutting back. (Am I a bundle of self-control or what??) It is also ‘pan roasted’ Mr. Laughing Spatula Man and not completely oven baked, so it is not the same…not at all!
There is a little more ‘stand at the stove’ time for this recipe than the Roasted Lemon Chicken but just pour yourself a glass of chardy and enjoy the ride. It only takes about 12 minutes and it’s worth it! Crispy Chicken Thighs…oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!
I’d serve this with some mashed potatoes next time…oh, thats right, new year…no potatoes. Okay, 2015 I’m makin’ the taters to go with this! I can not wait!
NOTE: Remove accumulating fat with a tablespoon as it browns. This will keep the skin nice and crispy! All you need is just a thin coating of fat on the pan while it roasts.
These Easy Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs are the stuff Sunday nights are made of !
- 6 Bone in and skin on Chicken Thighs
- 1 lemon - sliced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12" cast-iron or heavy nonstick skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Nestle chicken in skillet, skin side down, and cook 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; continue cooking skin side down, occasionally rearranging chicken thighs and rotating pan to evenly distribute heat, until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes. (remove accumulating fat during pan roasting to keep skin crispy).
- Add sliced lemons - placing some on bottom of pan to caramelize and some on top of chicken for flavor.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook 13 more minutes. Flip chicken; continue cooking until skin crisps and meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer. Transfer to a plate; let rest 5 minutes before serving.