We love everything about this Sheet Pan Quesadilla recipe! It makes a great dinner or snack. It’s easy to make. And it’s delish! One pan, crowd pleasing appetizer…yay!
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Quesadillas –
- 10 large burrito size flour tortillas – you can use smaller ones as well, it will just take a few more
- ground beef – or diced/ground chicken or turkey
- black beans
- corn – fresh, frozen or canned
- green pepper
- shredded cheese
- taco seasoning mix
Step 1 – make your filling. Brown the beef, onion and pepper. Drain any grease if necessary. Add your taco seasoning following the package directions. Add the corn and beans. Set aside.
Step 2 – brush a large 16 x 12 x 1 baking sheet with melted butter. Place 6 of the tortillas around the edge of the sheet pan hanging half way off. Place two more down the center to cover the entire sheet pan.
Step 3 – heap on the cheese and the filling and then more cheese!
Now the fun part!
Step 4 – place two tortillas down the center on top of the meat mixture. Begin folding over the hanging tortillas brushing with melted butter as you go.
Place a second baking sheet on top of the buttered tortillas. Press down to flatten.
Leave the baking sheet on top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the baking sheet for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Serve with your favorite Mexican condiments like guacamole, salsa and sour cream!
More easy appetizers you will love –
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Bagel Bombs – made with store bought biscuit dough!
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs – made with ground chicken and a super easy buffalo sauce.
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – check out the secret ingredient that make these super crispy!
- Mini Quiche in Wontons – my personal fave when I need a hearty appetizer for a crowd.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Sheet Pan Quesadilla
- 10 tortillas - burrito size
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn - fresh ,frozen thawed or canned
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup butter - melted
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef until no pink remains. Drain any grease if necessary.
- Add the taco seasoning packet. Follow the directions on the packet.
- Add black beans and corn and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Brush melted butter on a large sheet pan. (I used an 6 x 12 x 1).
- Arrange 6 large tortillas around the rim of the baking sheet hanging off half way. Place two more down the center.
- Add one cup of the grated cheese on top of the tortillas.
- Top with all the beef mixture and the remaining cup of shredded cheese.
- Place two more tortillas on top of the beef down the center and begin folding up the tortillas over the meat mixture while brushing with butter.
- Place a second sheet pan on top of the folded tortillas and press down flattening the quesadilla. Leave the sheet pan on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the top sheet pan and bake an additional 10 minutes until brown.
- Cut and serve with your favorite Mexican condiments!
- Subsitute ground chicken or turkey for the ground beef
- Make your own Taco Seasoning
- Make up to 24 hours in advance then bake
- Store in sealed container or zip top baggie for up to 3 days.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.