Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts! Three ingredients…three! This juicy chicken will quickly become your favorite go to meal, for weeknights and gatherings. Fabulous meal prep as you can make one or twenty!
The best three ingredient recipe I have every posted…well actually, it may be the only three ingredient recipe I have ever posted, but either way, this is the real deal. Fancy enough for company and easy enough for a super weeknight meal!
The procedure to stuff these beauties, is similar to our Pesto and Mozz Stuffed Chicken Breasts.
How to make this three ingredient Herb Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts wrapped in Proscuitto!
Slice open the chicken horizontally, not cutting all the way through. Open it up like a book…a book of yum!
Spread a couple tablespoons of cream cheese onto the chicken, leaving an edge around it so the chicken seals and the gooey lovely cream cheese doesn’t sneak out.
All these raw meat pictures are testing my limited photography skills! ugh! I do it all for you! :).
Now simply lay two slices of prosciutto over the top, tuck and press into the chicken. No need for toothpicks.
Because I belong to the Lazy Cooks Club ( President and CEO by the way). I am always trying to omit unnecessary cooking steps. For this recipe, I experimented with searing one wrapped chicken breast in a skillet and simply baking the other. Needless to say, searing made a big difference with the taste and texture.
That being said, we ate the baked one with no complaints….
That concludes my cooking experiment for today folks! It was a tasty one too!
We love cooking with chicken breasts! They are easy to work with and when cooked properly very very tasty! Here are a few of our favorite recipes!
To the Lazy Cooks Club!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!d
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Stuffed with Herb Cream Cheese
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices prosciutto ham sliced, not shaved
- 1 5 ounce container herb cream cheese I used Boursin
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally but not all the way through. Open like a book. Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken.
- Divide cream cheese evenly between the 4 chicken breasts. About a heaping two tablespoons each.
- Fold chicken back together.
- Top with two slices of prosciutto. Wrap around chicken and press to seal.
- Heat non stick oven safe or cast iron skillet to medium high. Add olive oil. Heat oil until shimmering.
- Sear each wrapped chicken breast for about 2 minutes on each side or until brown and crispy. If your chicken breasts are really thick, you might want to sear the sides as well.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. (chicken is perfect when the internal temp is 165 degrees).
- Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- I serve this with rice and steamed veggies!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I might receive a very small commission (at no cost to you), should you chose to purchase that linked item. I only link to items I know and trust. Thank you for your support! Clink!