Skillet Lasagna is perfect for a weeknight meal! It has all the flavor of a traditional lasagna only made in about 35 minutes…and all in one pan!
We love ONE PAN MEALS!. This one packs a flavor punch by using sausage in lieu of ground beef. Sausage, whether pork, chicken or turkey (we used turkey) adds a ton of seasoning without all the ingredients!
Ingredients to make Skillet Lasagna –
- Italian Sausage – pork, turkey or chicken
- store bought marinara sauce
- lasagna noodles
- beef stock – chicken stock or water can be substituted
- italian seasoning
Using a large skillet with a lid, brown your sausage and onion. If you don’t have this handy GROUND MEAT SMASHER you are missing out! It’s my favoite kitchen tool and talk about affordable!
Break up your lasagna noodles into smaller pieces. This does not have to be perfect…and honestly you could not break them perfectly if you wanted! They break where they want. Try to keep them around two inches if possible.
PRO TIP: Substitute any other pasta shape you might like! Bow ties and rotini work particularly well with this recipe.
Now pour in the seasoning and the marinara!
STORE BOUGHT MARINARA makes this one pan dish so easy! We love the RAO’s brand but it can be pricey. Barilla is a great back up. Just remember to keep it basic, no meat flavored sauces. They can be overpowering.
Saucy Tip: You can substitute 24 ounces of canned crushed tomatoes, just increase your Italian seasoning to a tablespoon.
What else can I add to this easy Skillet Lasagna?
Clean out the vegy crisper, switch up the meat and cheese!
- VEGETABLES – red pepper, zucchini, spinach, diced carrots to name a few. Saute them up with the sausage.
- MEAT – ground beef, ground pork or even cubed chicken will work with this recipe.
- CHEESE – romano, pecorino, even crumbled feta!
Serve with a simple green salad and baguette for a full satisfying meal!
Here are a few more One Pan recipes we think you’ll love!
- Tuscan Orzo and Shrimp – this simple 20 minute dinner will become a staple!
- Green Chili Chicken – tender chicken smothered in an easy green chili sauce.
- Homemade Cheeseburger Hamburger Helper – who doesnt remember this meal!
- Egg Roll in a bowl! – My personal favoriate when I need a fast and healthy meal.
Kathi and Rachel
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
- 1 pound Italian sausage - pork, turkey or chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 24 ounce marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth - chicken stock or water can be substituted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles - about 8 noodles
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Brown the sausage and onion in a large skillet. Remove any excess grease.
- Add the marinara sauce and Italian seasoning. Pour in the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Break up the lasagna noodles into about 2 inch pieces and stir into the marinara. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep noodles from sticking together.
- While the noodles are cooking, stir together ricotta, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- When the noodles are tender add the ricotta on top in heaping tablespoons and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let ricotta warm through and cheese melt. About 5 minutes.
- Serve with simple green salad and baguette!
Leave a Reply