We love this Easy Chicken Breast with Mushroom Pan Sauce recipe! With just a quick sear and a few ingredients you have the most amazing dinner and mushroom pan sauce. (aka: GRAVY!).
UPDATE: Hey guys! We updated this recipe with a few extra instructional shots and increased the gravy amount…because you can not have too much gravy! So if thing look a bit different on this post, it’s just me, making it easier for you to enjoy this fabulous meal!
Busy cooks love the convenience of chicken but sometimes it can get a bit dullsville…Laughing Spatula to the rescue!
This is not your same old, same old boring chicken breast recipe. No siree. This beauty is full of flavor and only requires a few ingredients. As an added bonus it only takes about 25-30 minutes from pan to plate!.
We kept the ingredient list small for this Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce.
But don’t let that fool ya, this dish is full of flavor! I used my simple searing technique to keep the mess to a minimum. I’ve included instructions below to make it easy!
The trick is to pat dry your chicken and add olive oil to the chicken itself, and not to the pan. Be liberal with the salt and pepper, this will help form a nice crust
Place chicken into hot pan and leave it alone for 4-5 minutes. Your chicken will tell you when it wants to be turned by releasing from the pan easily. If it is still sticking then it isn’t ready! Chicken is so smart….
After your chicken is seared and at the perfect temp of 165 degrees. Remove to a plate and set aside.
Add your butter to the skillet. Toss in the sliced mushrooms. DO NOT SALT. Salt can stop your mushrooms from reaching their full browness potential 🙂
Now, add your garlic for a few minutes, then the flour. Time for the chicken stock. Cook until thick about 3 minutes and serve over your perfectly seared chicken!
Dinner done and everybody loves you! I love it when everybody loves you!
NO MESS CHICKEN SEAR TIP SHEET for this
Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce recipe:
- Heat a non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- DO NOT add oil to the pan.
- Pat dry chicken then rub your chicken with a few tablespoons of canola oil or extra light olive oil. ( extra virgin olive oil will work in a pinch but has a lower smoke point).
- Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. This will help for a nice crust.
- Place chicken into hot pan and leave it alone for 4-5 minutes. Your chicken will tell you when it wants to be turned by releasing from the pan easily. If it is still sticking then it isn’t ready!
- After you have turned your chicken and it is cooked through. Remove to a plate. Sauté the mushrooms, garlic and a bit of butter in the same pan.
- Add a the flour, and the chicken stock. Boom! Pan Sauce! I know! So easy!
This recipe and searing technique works for most all forms of protein, including fish and steak! In fact this would be a great recipe for steak. Simply switch out beef stock for the chicken stock.
And if you would like it with rice, try this Creamy One Pot Chicken and Rice . Just as easy only comes with a built in side dish 🙂
And one more tasty one pan chicken dinner, when you are all chickened out! Oven Baked, One Pan Roasted Chicken, Sausage and Potatoes!
To easy chicken dinners with gravy!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This easy to prepare chicken comes together in a flash with our easy sear technique!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or extra light olive oil extra virgin will work in a pinch but has a lower smoke point
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves large garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoon white flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high.
Rub chicken with oil and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in dry pan (see searing instructions above).
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to hot pan and toss in mushrooms.
Brown for several minutes. (do not salt it will keep mushrooms from browning). Once your mushrooms are as brown as desired, add a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste.
Serve sauce over seared chicken.
4 Weight Watcher Freestyle points per serving.