We love this Easy Chicken Breast with Mushroom Pan Sauce recipe! With just a quick sear and a few ingredients you have the most amazing dinner and mushroom pan sauce (aka: GRAVY!).
Jump to Recipe
My last two recipes were a Cheesy Potato Au Gratin dish and a lovely Baked Greek Shrimp dish, so it must be time for mo chicken! Busy cooks love the convenience of chicken but sometimes it can get a bit dullsville…Laughing Spatula to the rescue!
This is not your same old, same old boring chicken breast recipe. No siree. This beauty is full of flavor and only requires a few ingredients. And even better it only takes about 30 minutes. The best part about the mushroom pan sauce is how simple it is- and it doesn’t have a ton of processed ingredients, which I love.
We kept the ingredient list small for this
Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce.
But don’t let that fool ya, this dish is full of flavor! I used my simple searing technique to keep the mess to a minimum. I’ve included instructions below to make it easy!
Whats the use of having a 30 minute meal if you have to spend another 30 minutes scrubbing your stove top from splatters.
NO MESS CHICKEN SEAR TIPS for this
Easy Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Pan Sauce recipe:
- Heat a non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high heat.
- DO NOT add oil to the pan.
- Rub your chicken with a few tablespoons of canola oil (olive oil will work in a pinch but has a lower smoke point).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into hot pan and leave it alone for 4-5 minutes. Your chicken will tell you when it wants to be turned by releasing from the pan easily. If it is still sticking then it isn’t ready!
- After your chicken is cooked through, you sauté the mushrooms and a bit of butter in the same pan.
- Add a tablespoon of flour, and the chicken stock. Boom! Pan Sauce! I know! So easy!
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes when I’m staring at yet another package of chicken for dinner. You can use chicken thighs and even steak for this recipe. Just switch out the chicken stock for beef stock.
NOTE: If you have a sauce loving family – simply double the flour to 2 tablespoons and the chicken stock to one cup. Mo saucy gravy stuff!
And if you like it with rice, try this Creamy One Pot Chicken and Rice . Just as easy only comes with a side dish 🙂
And one more tasty one pan chicken dinner, when you are all chickened out! Oven Baked, One Pan Roasted Chicken, Sausage and Potatoes!
To easy chicken dinners with gravy!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This easy to prepare chicken dish will quickly become a family favorite!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
- 3 cloves large garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Heat large non stick or cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Rub chicken with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in dry pan (see searing instructions above).
- Let cook for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through and meat thermometer reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to hot pan and toss in mushrooms.
- Brown for several minutes. (do not salt, it will keep mushrooms from browning).
- Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sauce over seared chicken