Shrimp Pesto Pasta with Asparagus! If you love shrimp, pasta and a super quick dinner you are sooo gonna love this!
Shrimp, pesto, pasta and crisp asparagus! Must be spring time in Seattle! Say it isn’t so, it’s only been what? Eight, maybe nine months since we saw the sun. Seems like just yesterday.
Isn’t that bright little tomato in the front an eye catcher? Every photo I took of this dish, there it was. Just smiling at me. Happy tomatoes are pretty tomatoes.
To keep this recipe easy for ya…I cheated. Because we all know that I am a cheater. I will always take a short cut as long as it’s a tasty one. In this case, I bought the pesto rather than making it from scratch. I love the Costco Kirkland brand and believe me when I say I’ve made my share of Pesto! You can see my recipe for it HERE. It was my very first blog post! There are also some brands in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. Giovanni Rana is one I’ve tried and it’s pretty good.
How we made this delicious Pesto Shrimp Pasta and Asparagus Dinner!
I purchased jumbo uncooked shrimp. The 21-25 size. I left the tails on because I think its pretty that way :). You can certainly just pluck them off.
While your pasta is cooking, toss the shrimp in a bit of pesto with some salt and pepper. Sauté them in a bit of olive oil. Crisp up your asparagus in the same pan.
Pour in the cream and the pesto. Combine, with the pasta, top with fresh tomatoes and grated parm. Dinner done! Oh my gosh that was easy wasn’t it?
This makes 5 servings. Four for dinner and one for the lunchbox!
You can see all our Easy Pasta Dinners HERE!
A few of our personal faves….
Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce. For those of us who love, love, love tomatoes and cream.
20 Minute One Pan Shrimp and Orzo Skillet. When you have the shrimp, but ain’t got the time!
To easy pasta dinners!
Shrimp Pesto Pasta with Asparagus
- 12 ounces dried linguine or pasta of your choice
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp 21-25 size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce I like the Costco Kirkland brand
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- While water comes to a boil. Toss shrimp and 2 tablespoons pesto together. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to water and cook according to package directions. If using linguine, 8 - 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking. Heat large skillet to medium heat. Add olive oil and shrimp. Cook until shrimp is pink and cooked through. About 3-4 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Add asparagus to hot skillet and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until crisp tender.
- Add 1/4 cup cream and remaining pesto. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked drained pasta, shrimp and 1/4 cup grated parmesan to cream and pesto mixture in skillet. Toss well . Taste for seasoning? More salt? More pepper?
- Top with tomato halves and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Serve with crunchy french bread and a simple green salad.