This Crustless Quiche is a simple and delicious for breakfast or a quick dinner. It also makes a great lunch all week long…is there anything this Crustless Quiche can not do!?
A perfect clean out your fridge recipe. Great for left over ham, veggies, sausage or most anything you have on hand that goes with eggs!
Do I have to use milk to make this Crustless Quiche?
- Nope. Simply omit the dairy or substitute with your favorite milk alternative, like almond or soy. NOTE: Careful not to over bake if omitting the milk/milk alternative as eggs can dry out quickly in the oven.
Whats the difference between a frittata and a crustless quiche?
- Not much! A frittata is started in a skillet on the stove top and moved to the oven to finish cooking. It’s simply a different way to prepare your eggs.
We like to add the cheese and fixins’ right into the scrambled egg mixture rather than scattering on the bottom and pouring the eggs over as you would a quiche with crust. This keeps the cheese mixture from sticking to the bottom of your pan.
What are some suggested add-ins and how much should I use?
1/2 cup cheese plus 1 cup of the following or a mixture of many!
- onion, all kinds
- bacon, cooked
- sausage – cooked
- fresh cut tomatoes
- fresh chives
Don’t forget the toppings!
- sour cream
What do I serve with this Crustless Quiche?
- fresh fruit
- light green salad if serving for lunch or dinner
- potatoes – roasted, hash browned or any kind of potato!
- steamed veggies like broccoli or asparagus
How did you get that asparagus to stay on top of the quiche and not sink to the bottom? It’s so fancy!
- Bake your quiche for 20 minutes and pull the oven rack out slightly. CAREFUL IT’S HOT! Lay your asparagus on the partially cooked quiche and continue to cook until done.
If your still cravin’ easy egg dishes, check out our Super Easy Baked Egg Boats! Hollowed out baguette stuffed with your favorite omelet fixings!
You can see all of our breakfast and brunch recipes HERE!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
This simple, easy to make Crustless Quiche can be made a hundred different ways ! Ham, bacon, veggies. Anything you have hanging around! You can use milk, half and half or milk substitute like almond milk or soy!
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk not fat free. Milk substitute can be used, like almond or soy
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese or your cheese of choice
- 1 cup ham, bacon, sausage or veggie or a combination of all
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Toppings such as salsa or sour cream as desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie plate with non-stick spray
Add eggs into medium size bowl. Beat eggs. Add milk and combine.
Add cheese, meat and veggies to egg mixture. Pour into prepared pie plate.
Bake for 25 minutes or until center is firm and edges are brown.
Use a 1/2 cup cheese plus 1 cup chopped meat and veggies for a perfect crustless quiche!
Omit milk entirely or substitute milk alternative for dairy. Like almond milk or soy.
Nutrition information was calculated using 1 cup diced ham and 1/2 cup shredded cheese.