This Soba Noodle Salad is SO healthy and fresh- you won’t even know you’re not eating meat! With creamy avocados, crunchy cucumber, purple cabbage, and some julienne carrots all dressed in a homemade Peanut Sesame Sauce, you’ll feel awesome- and healthy after devouring this colorful dish!
I made this on a whim-tired of our usual chicken and rice, I needed something fresh for a warm summer day. This was fab! If you NNEEEEEDDD your meat, top it with some shrimp, or even some shredded chicken.
Important note on this Soba Noodle Salad- make sure your noodles are cold. It gives it SUCH a good flavor.
To keep your soba noodles from getting sticky, run cold water over them for 1-2 minutes. Drain, then toss them in a tablespoon of olive oil. Place them in the fridge to chill while you chop your veggies.
Once your noodles and veggies are prepped, it’s time to make the homemade Peanut Sesame sauce! Or- is it a dressing? Frankly, I don’t care what you call it- it’s delicious.
Some peanut butters are sweeter than others. Tasting is the key here! Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to the dressing if you like it a bit sweeter.
DIY Peanut Sesame Sauce- Or Dressing? Either way, it tastes great.
Once you start to mix, the peanut butter will thicken it up. Don’t be scared to modify this to your liking- experiment with chopped garlic, shredded fresh ginger, a bit more soy sauce.
If your experimenting with additional ingredients, add a bit at a time. It’s easier to add more, than it is to remove!
After you’re all sauced up- Let’s pour that fabulous dressing on!
Toss it up, and you’re ready to go. We sprinkled ours with some sesame seeds and added some more avocado slices, because…everybody loves avocado!
If you need more delicious and fresh recipes- check out our Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad, our Greek Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner (my FAVE!), or our 30 Minute Chicken Puttanesca!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Soba Noodle Salad with Peanut Sesame Sauce
Soba Noodle Salad
- 8 ounces soba noodles cooked per package directions drained, rinsed and chilled
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup julienne purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado chopped plus additional if you want to garnish with sliced
Peanut Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger or two teaspoons dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Boil your soba noodles according to package directions. Drain in colander, rinse with cold water and chill while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Add chopped vegetables, and combine with chilled soba noodles.
- Soften peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds. In small bowl, combine with remaining dressing ingredients. Whisk well.
- Pour sauce over chilled noodles and toss well. Garnish with sliced avocado and sesame seeds, and serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply