Crunchy Mediterranean Couscous Salad! – My favorite salad…because it doesn’t taste like your having salad! Made with easy to prepare couscous and crunchy veggies with a hit of feta!
Full of chickpeas, feta, crunchy cucumbers and a plethora of fresh veggies. All tossed in our easy 3 minute Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette!
I tossed this together this morning, had it for lunch and can’t wait for another scoop with my grilled chicken for dinner. Makes a big old batch and it will keep for about a week in your fridge. Crunch on!
This Mediterranean Couscous Salad is the
perfect Lunchbox Meal
So nice to have something already put together to just grab and go. (Why do I always bring up the leftover lunchbox thing? I don’t even go to work. It’s just me and my Phyllis Diller hair padding around my kitchen all day…).
I used the veggies I love the most but you could switch out to accommodate your faves or what ever you have on hand. I am a broccoli fanatic…I rarely go a day without it. Most nights my house smells like old socks from steaming or roasting that stuff. Me, my Phyllis Diller hair and the smell of old socks..kinda makes you wanna be me, doesnt it?
To keep your cuc’s crunchy, we like to remove the seeds. Simply run a spoon down the middle. This will help keep your salad fresh for days…helllooooo lunchbox!
This is my favorite Vinaigrette! I have a bottle of it in my fridge at all times. It’s a simple blend of lemon, dijon, light olive oil and vinegar, but when you blend it all up, it gets a creamy consistency that is really good! Makes a nice marinade for chicken and pork as well!
How to make the couscous in the microwave for this
Crunchy Mediterranean Salad!
1 cup whole wheat or plain couscous
1 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine in microwave bowl. Cover. Micro for 3 minutes on high. Let sit for 2-3 minutes covered. Fluff with fork. Perfect couscous every time!.
- Easily substitute chilled quinoa for the couscous. Here is a super easy way to prepare your quinoa! Oven Baked Quinoa.
- Purchase a store bought Italian vinaigrette in place of the homemade stuff…not gonna judge ya! I like to stay away from Balsamic vinaigrettes for this recipe though, only because it turns the salad a bit brown due to the color of the balsamic.
- Other add-ins we love! Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, red onion, roasted red pepper (yum!). Add grilled chicken or shrimp and make it a whole meal!
We love this recipe SO much we’ve even created a video for it- Check it out, we like to make cooking easier on ya!
If you are still looking to get your crunchy veggies on. Check out my Crunchy Thai Chicken Salad with Peanut Dressing!
To the crunch!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
An easy and healthy salad that comes together quickly and has tons of flavor! Combining cooked and cooled couscous with fresh chopped veggies and feta. All tossed together with a simple vinaigrette!
- 2 cups cooked coucous - cooled See notes above for easy microwave prep
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 english cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 fresh tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed also known as garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Lemon Vinaigrette: https://laughingspatula.com/3-minute-lemon-dijon-vinaigrette/ or store bought vinaigrette
Prepare coucous and cool to at least room temperature. (see my instructions above on how I prepare my perfect couscous !)
Toss cooled couscous, chopped veggies and feta.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss in desired amount of dressing a few tablespoons at a time. You will not need all the dressing. After the next day you may want to add additional dressing as desired.
Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.