Who doesn’t love meatballs? They are the perfect snack food and these Southwest Turkey Meatballs are low fat and delicious!
Superbowl food! Hawks and Denver will go at it this Sunday and us Seattleites are pumped! Whoot! Whoot! We have been busy planning the food we are going to eat and drink for 2 weeks…not sure whats more exciting, the game or the grog!…spoken like a true food junkie huh?
This recipe will definitely make the cut. Lean ground turkey with jalepenos, cumin and a few other ingredients you most likely have on hand. All baked up and served with an easy creamy avocado dip.
I use a mini ice cream scoop for size uniformity – I like all my balls lined up in a row…arn’t they pretty? Do try to make them the same size so they get done at the same time.
The dip is simply avocado, sour cream, mayo and some cumin and more chopped jalapeno’s.
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
A healthy and super flavorful appetizer that everyone will love!
- 1 # ground turkey or chicken
- 1 leave jalapeño pepper - seeded and deveined (unless you like it hot 'em in!)
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1/2 cup Panko style crumbs regular will do as well
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Creamy Avocado Dipping Sauce
- 1 avocado - mashed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon heaping cumin
- 1/2 jalapeño - finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together.
- Form into 1-2 " balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile - mix all dipping sauce ingredients together and put in fridge to chill.
- Serve meatballs on platter and sauce on the side. Toothpicks are optional!