Pudding…just the sound of it invokes creamy loveliness. Its like sex in a cup…and all it takes is 5 minutes. Think of the time you will save! That should open up say 10-12 minutes a
day week month right? Maybe I should have called it Sexy Puddin’. Ooooo I like that! (note to daughter – cover your eyes. Mom is a little crazy today…).
Back to the pudding. (I’m so easily distracted by the thought of sex in a cup…). Pretty simple stuff. Sugar, cocoa, milk and a couple other ingredients you most likely have hanging around. When I was making this I really wanted to jazz it up. Add some raspberries, or shaved chocolate, but I kept it simple for my peeps! My peeps like it simple, that much I know and I try my best to deliver! But, if you wanted to jazz this sexy pudding stuff up. I’d say a few chopped maraschino cherries (more sexiness), or whipped cream…um okay…
I’ve used 1%, 2%, and whole milk. Just depends on what I have and the results have been great with all. The truth is that with 3 tablespoons of cornstarch you could use just about any form of milk and get a nice thick constancy. Coconut milk, almond milk…whatever fits yours dietary needs.
While I have your attention I want to announce something really exciting and cool! You can now save all your recipes using my newly installed Yummly button! If you look just above the sexy pudding picture you will see a series of share buttons…see that little one with the Y on it? Ya, that one. If you click it you will be directed to Yummly where you can set up a recipe box of your very own! In the meantime, feel free to take a look at the recipes I have saved here!
Hoping you take 5 minutes today for some sweet, sexy pudding…we all need a little pudding in our lives!
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 2¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional) This just adds a bit of richness and a glossy look.
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt with a whisk.
- Add milk and continue to whisk. Heat to simmer over medium heat.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat - add vanilla and butter
- Pour into your favorite dessert glass and chill throughly.
- MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS:
- Stir together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt in large microwave-safe bowl; gradually stir in milk.
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 7 to 10 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil, stirring every
- minutes. Stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into dishes and serve as directed above.