Oh no you didn’t! Oh yes, yes we did! 3 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Cake! This amazing no bake cake is light as a feather with full on chocolate flavor! And you know it has to be easy..or we wouldn’t make it!
After last weeks post of Healthy Turkey Chili with Sweet Potatoes I was feeling’ sooooo skinny that I thought…what the heck, let the chocolate flow!
I made this beauty for some new friends who have been so good to us here in our new Palm Springs home. TIP OF THE DAY: It’s a lot easier to fatten up your new friends than go on a diet.
Chubbin’ up Palm Springs, one friend at a time!
3 INGREDIENTS AND NO BAKING REQUIRED – Chocolate, Heavy Cream and Chocolate Graham Crackers. This is the cake that everyone will ask you to bring over and over again, and you won’t mind! Cause it’s soooo easy to make and you get to lick the spoon. Mr. Spatula had to practically pry the spoon out of my mouth before I got splinters. No shame…
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE:
I used 65% chocolate cacoa chips which are readily available in most grocery stores these days. But semi-sweet chocolate chips work as well.
Step #1: Pour the chocolate chips into a large bowl. Microwave the cream, pour over the chips and let sit for a few minutes and stir. HEY! Guess what? You just made ganache and your life is gonna get substantially better with that skill!
Step #2: Whip up the remaining cream. Just plain cream. Do not add sugar. Feeling better about this now right? It’s practically diet whip cream!
Step #3: Gently fold in a bit of the warm chocolate ganache to temper the cream. Now add the remaining ganache to the cream and BOOM…you’ve got chocolate mousse! And if you didn’t want a cake, you could pour this into small bowls for individual desserts.
Step #4: Layer chocolate graham crackers, chocolate mousse and repeat, ending with chocolate mousse. Look how easy that was!
Step 4: (well this is really a half step. More like step 3.5. ) Garnish with chopped chocolate chips that you set aside earlier. Chill for 2 hours or overnight. Can be made 3 days in advance…yay to that !
Now that you know how to make ganache in the microwave, you are ready to make these fabulous desserts:
You think the Chocolate Mouse Cake was easy? Check out this Chocolate Ganache Tart! Using shortbread for the crust. It’s a breeze!
Simple microwave ganache makes the frosting for this Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake. Peanut butter right out of the jar gets slathered (I love that word!) between the cake and the ganache!
Hope you enjoy these tasty easy desserts!
To chubbin’ up the world!
What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
Hey and check out our new YouTube Channel!
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 box chocolate graham crackers 3 pack
- 3 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream separated 1 cup/2 1/2 cups
- 20 ounces 65% chocolate cacoa chips semi-sweet chips will work as well
- Add chocolate chips to large bowl. REMOVE 1/4 CUP OF THE CHIPS FOR GARNISH.
- Heat ONE CUP of the cream in a microwave safe bowl for 2 minutes or until steaming hot.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and don't touch for 2-3 minutes. Then stir until combined. This can take a minute or two. Be patient, it will come together! You now have chocolate ganache!
- Beat remaining 2 1/2 cups whipping cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. About 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of the warm chocolate cream (ganache) mixture to the whip cream and gently fold a few times to temper the cream. Add remaining chocolate to the whip cream and fold gently until no white streaks remain.
- Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with one layer of graham crackers. Top with 1/3 of the whip cream and repeat, ending with chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with remaining chocolate chips and refrigerate at least 2 hours and up to 3 days in advance.
- When ready to serve let it sit out at room temp for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve!