These 100 Calorie Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes will be your go to healthy brownie recipe! So easy to make and perfectly portion controlled!
All this healthy eating, no sugar stuff has got me in a rut and quite frankly, I’m just a little bit cranky. I need a sweet treat! These easy 100 Calorie Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes are so good.
Coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor- though, you won’t taste it. A lot like our Best Chocolate Cake with Ganache recipe, the coffee just kicks up the chocolate taste and adds richness without compromising the healthy factor. It does give the cupcakes a tiny caffeine kick (though very minimal), most people think the caffeine cooks out but it does not (read more about that here).
The secret ingredients are the coffee to kick up the chocolate flavor and apple cider vinegar which helps create a rich cake. No egg makes for a denser cupcake, more like a brownie, not to mention it reduces the calories.
For the chocolate chips, we recommend adding in good quality chocolate; dark chocolate is our favorite for these cupcakes. Guittard is a great brand. You could also take a bar of dark chocolate and chop it up. The rich dark chocolate, plus the coffee make for such a rich, decadent treat!
You can bake the muffins in muffin liners, or in just straight in a muffin tin. Either way, we do suggest spraying with nonstick spray (this recipe has very little butter in it so they get a little sticky). Once done, allow to cool for a few minutes before enjoying. It’s that easy!
If you enjoy this recipe, here’s a few more we love just like it:
- How to Make a Chocolate Malt
- Easy Chocolate Microwave Ganache
- Chocolate Mousse Cake (3 ingredient recipe!)
Check out this video to help you make these- it’s so easy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coffee brewed and cooled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Combine, flour,brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine coffee, water, apple cider vinegar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Combine just until moist.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins half way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top bounces back when gently pressed.