All this healthy eating, no sugar stuff has got me in a rut and quite frankly, I’m just a little bit cranky.
I don’t want to go off the rails with a half gallon of gelato or anything (okay…I do), but I need a little something! I mean a girl has to live right?
Luckily, I found these very yummy brownie cupcakes…tweaked them a little to add some flavor and boom! Got me some serious chocolaty goodness that won’t break the calorie bank!
Coffee intensifies the flavor. You won’t taste it. A lot like my Best Chocolate Cake with Ganache recipe (this is not figure friendly I might add – but when you need something special…OMG, OMG, OMG! You gotta make this)!
But in the mean time, lets just have a nice portion controlled, very tasty chocolate brownie cupcake. Not so bad huh? I eat mine with a few raspberries on the side, and maybe a sprinkle of salt. I love salt on all kinds of chocolate. Best 100 calories of my day!
The secret ingredients are the coffee to kick up the chocolate flavor and applesauce instead of oil. No egg makes for a denser cupcake, more like a brownie, not to mention it reduces the calories.
So 12 muffins at 100 calories each. Thats 4 for breakfast, 4 for lunch and 4 for dinner! A perfect 1200 calorie day!
100 Calorie Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coffee brewed and cooled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Combine, flour,brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine coffee, water, applesauce, vinegar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Combine just until moist.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins half way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top bounces back when gently pressed.