Let’s have a nice portion controlled, very tasty chocolate brownie cupcake. Not so bad huh? I eat mine with a few raspberries on the side, and maybe a sprinkle of salt. I love salt on all kinds of chocolate. Best 100 calories of my day!
All this healthy eating, no sugar stuff has got me in a rut and quite frankly, I’m just a little bit cranky.
I don’t want to go off the rails with a half gallon of gelato or anything (okay…I do), but I need a little something! I mean a girl has to live right?
Luckily, I found these very yummy brownie cupcakes…tweaked them a little to add some flavor and boom! Got me some serious chocolaty goodness that won’t break the calorie bank!
Coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor- though,you won’t taste it. A lot like my Best Chocolate Cake with Ganache recipe (this is not figure friendly I might add – but when you need something special…OMG, OMG, OMG! You gotta make this), the coffee just kicks up the chocolate taste and adds richness without compromising the healthy factor.
The secret ingredients are the coffee to kick up the chocolate flavor and apple cider vinegar. No egg makes for a denser cupcake, more like a brownie, not to mention it reduces the calories.
So 12 muffins at 108 calories each. Thats 4 for breakfast, 4 for lunch and 4 for dinner! A perfect 1200 calorie day!
Check out this video to help you make these- it’s so easy!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coffee brewed and cooled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners.
- Combine, flour,brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine coffee, water, applesauce, vinegar, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Combine just until moist.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin tins half way full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top bounces back when gently pressed.