One bowl – Ten Minutes is all it takes to make The Best Chocolate Cake! Once you make this you will never go back to a box mix! It’s just simple ingredients the way cake should be but when combined…wow! Just wow! The frosting takes two minutes and is made IN THE MICROWAVE! Not kidding!
The frosting is ganache and that is just a fancy word for melted chocolate and cream. Dont’ be scared…run to the ganache. If you make this once you will make it hundred times and put it on everything!
This recipe calls for coffee. You can not taste the coffee, it simply enhances the flavor of the chocolate. Save a cup of your morning brew or even a cup of instant will do just fine.
NOTE: If you can’t tolerate coffee or you can’t get your hands on any, simply swap out an equal amount of water. It would be better than not having any cake at all today :).
So lets get this party started! Because when you have cake…it’s always a party!
Whip up the easy cake batter and bake it up! No fancy instructions here. Follow the along in the recipe card. Pour it into the cake pan and done!
You can see my cake is perfect in its imperfection.
This is real life cooking here!
Now we are going to make the ganache and fill that big old cake crevice with chocolate! Cake repair coming up!
We make our ganache in the microwave in TWO MINUTES! No kidding!
What kind of chocolate should I use in my ganache?
- You can use regular old semi-sweet chocolate chips or go darker with a 60-65% cacao dark chocolate chip or chunk which is what I used for this recipe. We have had great results with both.
- PRO TIP: Ganache is an equal blend of cream to chocolate. If you ever need more or less this is a good rule of thumb. 1 to 1 ratio. A bit of butter at the end adds a nice sheen to it.
Let the ganache cool in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally while it thickens. Then spread onto the cooled cake.
Once your cake is cool…pour on the ganache! How easy is that!
Put the entire cake into the fridge for about 30 minutes, slice and serve!
How should I store this Best Chocolate Cake?
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days…but it will never last that long!
We love good easy cake around here. A few of the most popular recipes are:
To cake and the joy it brings!
Â What do you think about this recipe?Have questions?Comment below!Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, andÂ connect with us on Instagram andÂ Â tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula,while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!Â
Delicious and easy to make one bowl choclate cake with two minute frosting that is made in the microwave!
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee cooled
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi sweet Chocolate chips
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl combine egg, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Add cocoa powder and coffee. Mix until no lumps are evident.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Insert toothpick into center if clean when removed cake is done.
- Let cake cool completely before frosting.
- For Ganache Frosting
- Pour chocolate chips in large microwave save bowl and microwave for one minute until just soft.
In another microwave safe bowl heat cream until it just begins to boil. About 2 minutes. Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Add vanilla.
Using a wire whisk, mix well. It takes a bit of stirring to get it to come together. Once combined add vanilla and butter and whisk until combined.
Cool in refridgerator for 20-30 minutes stirring occasionally until thickned. Pour and spread onto cake. Refridgerate cake until ganache is set. Slice and serve.
Store in refridgerator for up to 4 or 5 days.