Two Ingredient no fuss Easy Chocolate Ganache! We use this for all of our recipes that need chocolate frosting and it makes a great Chocolate Tart! Easier than working with confectioner sugar and twice as tasty!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE IN THE MICROWAVE
Ingredients to make Oreo Stuffed Cupcakes and Oreo Buttercream – (see recipe card below for entire directions)
- 1 family size package oreos (25.5 ounce)
- sour cream
- baking powder and baking soda
- confectioners sugar
PRO TIP: Perfect microwave ganache is a 1:1 ratio of chocolate and heavy cream. Example: If you need a little ganache, say to dip your biscotti into, a half cup of each will result in perfect chocolate ganache .
STEP 1: pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe container. Microwave for 1 minute or until soft.
STEP 2: In seperate bowl, microwave the cream until just beginning to simmer. About 2 minutes on high for 1 1/2 cups of cream.
STEP 3: Pour the hot cream over the softened chocolate and let sit for about two minutes.
STEP 4: Whisk until thick and creamy. Add a pat of butter for extra sheen.
You will have a thinner version of ganache at this point. To thicken and use as frosting, put in the refridgerator, stirring occasionally until desired consistency. About 30 minutes to pour over a cake.
How to use Chocolate Ganache
- Our favorite way is to use as frosting as in these recipes: Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake and this super special Whiskey Chocolate Cake!
- Also this super easy Chocolate Tart – we use store bought shortcake cookies for the crust!
- Dip your Biscotti in it when only slightly cool for a beautiful and easy cookie!
Kathi and Rachel
How to make Chocolate Ganache
- 1 10 ounce package semi sweet chocolate chips – about 1 1/2 cups
- 10 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pour chocolate chips in large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute until slightly softened.
- Pour heavy cream into microwave safe bowl (a glass measuring cup works great for this). Microwave on high for about 2 minutes until just starting to simmer.
- Pour cream over softened chocolate chips. Do not stir. Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Using a wire whisk, whisk until blended. This can take a minute or two.
- Refridgerate until it reaches the desired consistency. About 20-30 minutes in order to frost a cake. Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge.