Five ingredients guys! Not kidding, this is so easy and the most tastiest enchies ever! Tortillas, chicken, store bought verde sauce mixed with sour cream, and a sprinkle of cheese (okay handfuls…whatever).
Everything about this recipe is so easy and truly, they beat red sauce enchies all the way. I’m always looking for a good friday night meal to cook so I don’t have to cook over the weekend and this hit all the marks! It’s got super flavor and it re-heats really well.
Store bought rotisserie chicken is your friend here. But if you have a couple pieces of chicken hanging around you can just bake them off and shred them. I seem to have a plethora of Costco chicken in my freezer at all times.
- This recipe makes about 10-12 enchiladas. You can easily half it or double it.
- Ground chicken or turkey can be subbed for the shredded chicken in a pinch ( I really like the ground chicken version).
- Watch the heat of the salsa verde you buy if you want to make this family friendly. Most of them are fairly mild, especially after mixing it with sour cream but I’ve seen some ‘Hot’ versions on the shelf
This recipe is soooo easy I got no other special notes for ya! Mix, stuff and bake!
A few more Mexican inspired casseroles for ya!
Chicken Enchiladas with Creamy Avocado Sauce! (an old recipe of mine that probably needs new pics but man is it tasty!)
Easy Mexican Chicken Bake – Another recipe made with store bought ingredients that is soooo good!
Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 24 oz jar Mild Salsa Verde
- 1 cup sour cream plus more for garnish light is fine
- 2 cups shredded mexican style cheese
- 10-12 Flour tortillas
- Sliced onion tomatoes and avocado for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In medium size bowl, combine salsa verde and one cup of sour cream.
- Spread 1/4 cup of salsa and sour cream mixture into baking dish.
- Place a scant 1/4 cup shredded chicken into each flour tortilla and top with several tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Roll and place in pan.
- Pour remaining salsa/sour cream mixture over prepared tortillas.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes or until center is bubbly.
- Remove foil, top with remaining cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, avocado and all your favorite mexican condiments!