This is such a flavorful, and easy dish! I love anything with Mexican flavors, cheese and chicken. Mix some stuff together plop your chicken on top. Bake and done!
You can’t believe the flavors in this thing. We have been eating it for a couple days and I am still not tired of it! We topped it with Cotija cheese but I didn’t get a pic of that. If you have access to a sprinkle of Cotija or Feta it kicks the flavor up even more.
Check out how easy this is….I mixed up all the stuff in a bowl and poured it into a casserole dish, but nothing is stopping you from just mixing it up right in the dish. No one’s judging here… (Don’t you love the blur on that photo? Am I just the best photographer ever? Ummmm, no.)
I cut three chicken breasts in half and placed on top…all raw and stuff. It aint pretty but it sure is easy! Sprinkled with a bit of salt and pepper and in the oven it goes!
Bake for 40 minutes. Top with a sprinkle of cheese and you have dinner …and lunch the next day!
Great served with my Best Spanish Rice!
If you are looking for another great easy chicken dinner, try my Italian Chicken Bake!
What do you think about this recipe? Have questions? Comment below! Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, and connect with us on Instagram and tag your @Laughingspatula recipes with #laughingspatula, while you’re at it…We love to see your pics!
This incredibly easy casserole will become your favorite weeknight meal! Turn simple ingredients into a delicious meal!
- 3 in chicken breasts - cut half
- 1 15 oz can black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can roasted diced tomatoes - drained
- 1 fresh poblano pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn (frozen will work in a pinch thawed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated mexican style cheese
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non stick spray.
- Mix beans, tomatoes, poblano pepper, corn, flour, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper together and pour in casserole dish. (or just mix it all up right in the casserole dish).
- Place cut chicken breasts on top and nestle into bean mixture.
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven, top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Top with sliced onions.